Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile Graduation Ceremonies question

Hi,

We’re now looking to postpone our long awaited trip to the mouse to next year.

DD and her boyfriend both graduate next year. DD is doing a primary education degree so hopefully will have a teaching position for September 2022 so our plans for the end of August into September are no longer possible.

We’re not sure when either of their courses will finish but based on this year, they should both finish in time to go maybe in June. But obviously we can’t miss either of their graduation ceremonies so just wondering if all universities hold them at roughly the same time and when this might be.

Any info would be much appreciated. It’s so difficult as leave is already being booked up in work for me and DH.

Thanks x
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I think you can also graduate in the autumn which is what my ds did. Graduations are also one of the few things teachers can have a day off for in term time especially if she told the school in advance. Good luck for it all😉
Old 9 May 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I'd check on previous events at that particular university. DD had a July ceremony but DS was in November.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DR graduated last year and we're still waiting for his ceremony to take place. Originally told they would "double up" for July 21, then informed it will take place September 21. No actual date yet, would be good to get a confirmed date to book hotel.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Universities usually have a summer and a winter graduation ceremonies. Best to look at their specific university/universities to see what their historic schedule is.
Old 9 May 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As others have said I think it depends on the university. My graduation in 2019 was Sept (they also did a graduation in Jan) whereas my son's was July.

My daughter is also due to graduate next year and looking at previous dates it's usually in July but she hasn't been given any dates yet. It may be different next year though last years and this years graduations are being moved to 2022.

As we're really not sure when it may be we've decided to play it safe and go to Orlando in November 2022.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
DR graduated last year and we're still waiting for his ceremony to take place. Originally told they would "double up" for July 21, then informed it will take place September 21. No actual date yet, would be good to get a confirmed date to book hotel.
We are in the same boat. In fact exactly the same. Is it Nottingham Trent?

Now hoping Sept can go ahead.

Sorry I can’t answer your question but I’d check when previous year’s graduations have happened

Edited at 12:04 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We are in the same boat. In fact exactly the same. Is it Nottingham Trent?

Now hoping Sept can go ahead.

Sorry I can’t answer your question but I’d check when previous year’s graduations have happened
Northumbria university

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Ds had an online one last year, bit of a flop tbh and was told he would have the real one this year but heard nothing so guess that is all he is going to get! He isn't bothered but I would have liked some nice photos and memories
Old 9 May 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

DS graduated from Hull last year but the ceremony has been postponed several times and we don’t have a new date yet. He’s currently in York doing his MA and we have no idea when that ceremony will be either. We”ll just work around it when they’re finally in a position to set a date but hopefully they won’t be too close together.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List