Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Connection times for return flight

Hey guys
Given the limited reward flights that are available at the moment I’m considering doing an Atlanta connection.

The outbound flight won’t be so much of an issue (another story, for another day) but I’m keen to get views about the return flight.

The Atlanta-Heathrow flight departs at 7:30pm. What time would you be looking to fly from Orlando to Atlanta? We dont like to rush too much but equally would want to maximise our time at wdw!
Old 18 Jun 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If you don't like to be rushed then probably arriving 2 hours before the connecting flight.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

We did 2h in Atlanta and was fine, but that was all booked one one ticket.

It wasn’t as big as I was expecting, if you want a bite to eat between flights, have it at the domestic gates, found in the international pier that it was mainly restaurants, and no quick options.

If you are booking a separate ticket from Orlando to Atlanta I’d give your self 3-4 hours, as you will have to claim any luggage, check in again and clear tsa again.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We did it in 55 minutes on a through ticket. I wouldn't recommend it if you are of a nervous disposition, there wasn't time to draw breath at Atlanta.
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
We did it in 55 minutes on a through ticket. I wouldn't recommend it if you are of a nervous disposition, there wasn't time to draw breath at Atlanta.
Same. We managed the 55 minutes also but was apprehensive about it. Was told by the Virgin crew at the time that they would hold the plane if we were late but didn't need to find out. ATL was easy to move around with the train system as well. If you would rather not have the worry then aim for a bigger connection.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

If it is going to be a through ticket, then I would go for two to three hours. If it is not going to be a through ticket, then I would want to know I am safely in Atlanta well before my international flight, in fact I would probably structure my holiday to have a day in Atlanta.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List