Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Easter?

Has anyone visited Disney at Easter? I was wondering whether it’s as busy as lots of people appear to think.
Is it the week leading up to Good Friday that’s busy or the week after Easter?
Thinking of booking next year when Good Friday is 10th April.
Thank you.
Stella is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We went easter 2017. Have been lots of times before but first time at Easter. I was dreading the crowds but it wasn’t as bad as I thought at all! Easter Monday at typhoon lagoon was quiet. The only park I felt was busier was MK. We were organised with fast passes etc and went for park opening so this may of helped. My husbands favourite time to go now is Easter. We have been may half term, October and August school hols in the past.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortbird
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi ,
Would anyone fancy sharing their intinerary of an Easter break as I'm going this year and would love some tips! Thanks
Mortbird is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We went Easter 2016 - it was busy. We were not there the week before Easter (arrived Good Friday)but went to a park on Easter Sunday, roads were manic., park was fine til afternoon. (A heads up... some shops and supermarkets outside the parks are shut on Easter Sunday and may close earlier than usual on Good Friday)

The week after Easter was very busy indeed - but Easter was at the end of March. The Later Easter is, the less busy the week after will be.

Though it was busy, because the weather/temperature/humidity were good, it felt like we got more done and had more fun than at hotter more humid times of the year.

Queuing for 45 min in low humidity and sunshine with temps around 26C does not feel as huge a chore as in high humidity with showers and 37C.

Because it was busy, they have all the lines open, all the rollercoaster trains/cars running, lots of street "performers", lots of stuff around and about to distract you from the fact that - hey - it is busy.

It was certainly not as busy as Christmas/New year if you have seen those pictures posted
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

My last visit was Easter 2017. As mrsbenny wrote, it was busy but not as bad as I expected. Do some prep work for the rides you really want to see, book some FP and be willing to be at the gate for rope drop and you should manage fine. Half our party didn't reach the parks until late morning, by which point we had smashed all our priority rides! I know Easter weekend can fall at different times of the school break each year. For us, it was split down the middle and, personally, I thought it was quieter during the second week (third week in April by that point). I was told by park staff that Easter Monday isn't a bank holiday locally, so Good Friday and Easter Sunday are the busier days.
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

Hi, Ive been at Easter the last 2 years, and going again this Easter, the weather is amazing at Easter, and we didnt find it too hectic.
Dont get me wrong it was busy, However we found the parks first thing in the morning quieter, back for an afternoon chill round the pool with lunch then back to parks for the evening.

that worked really well for us.

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mortbird View Post
Hi ,
Would anyone fancy sharing their intinerary of an Easter break as I'm going this year and would love some tips! Thanks
You're welcome to check out my plan - still a little bit of fine tuning as waiting to secure my FP's which may lead to one or two park changes.