Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill Waterhouse
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Indian Wells

Has any of you ever rented in Indian Wells? There is a UK company that rents 4 properties on there. The company has been recommended by someone on a facebook group and has apparently been in business for 30 years. I just can't find Indian Wells on sites like homeaway which concerns me. The location of Indian Wells is perfect for us and the price is brilliant.
Gill Waterhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I stayed there last time for two weeks at the end of our holiday. Location was great, can I ask what company it is your looking at?
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill Waterhouse

Mobile

Thanks for replying. The company are called djw rentals. For 2 weeks in August they are literally half the price of other communities and because we're not doing Disney the location seems better for universal. Can I ask who you booked with please?
Gill Waterhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve rented from this company before. I’m sending you a pm about our experience.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Iv sent you a pm of our experience with this company
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They did used to list on homeaway a few years ago, that is how we found them
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I have visited Indian Wells a few times to drop my daughter at a friend's house. It is an older community that to me looks mostly residential. It is pretty well kept but IMO looks it's age. It is a good central location and certainly far more convenient than alot of other communities with lower prices that are quite far out. There is no gate or resort facilities which partly explains the lower price.

I would look very carefully at pictures of the actual villas available and check the age of the photos. If well maintained I am sure they are fine. I would also check the exact location as some are just separated by a lowish wall from Osceola Parkway.
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just had a look at the pictures of the Indian Wells houses on the site mentioned. I think the low prices can partly be explained by the fact that I can see alot of original furnishings from when they were first built. But if price and location are the priorities that may not matter to you.
Old 20 Jan 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill Waterhouse

Mobile

Thanks guys, going to leave Indian Wells, great price but poor reviews. I'll keep looking x
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill Waterhouse View Post
Thanks guys, going to leave Indian Wells, great price but poor reviews. I'll keep looking x
Probably the right decision. I asked my 12 year old about the house she has been in. She said it did seem quite small.

If you want a lower priced place in a very central location, I would look at condos. Although they won't have private pools there are some really close to Universal where you can't find detached villas for short term rentals.