Notices

Old 29 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile Hurricane Dorian.

All of you Dibbers out in Florida at the moment and due to fly out this week. Please take care and baton down the hatches and stay safe.Get some food and nibbles in. At the moment it says the eye of the storm will be 5 miles from Disney.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
We flew into Orlando the day after Irma and struggled to do a shop on 192 and the 27, yet a couple of miles away from that area and there was no problems.
We arrived in Orlando the day after Irma too. Went to do a shop in the Walmart near our hotel and a lot of the shelves and fridges were empty.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
All of you Dibbers out in Florida at the moment and due to fly out this week. Please take care and baton down the hatches and stay safe.Get some food and nibbles in. At the moment it says the eye of the storm will be 5 miles from Disney.
Long way to go yet, not due to reach land until Monday, plenty of time for a change of direction.

Hope everyone’s safe
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

We are currently on a cruise round Mexico and due back into Fort Lauderdale on Monday. What will happen? Will the ship just drop us and we have to drive back to villa which we booked?

Honestly this holiday is going from bad to worse 😞
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Long way to go yet, not due to reach land until Monday, plenty of time for a change of direction.

Hope everyone’s safe
Having been in the eye of few storms in our home in the Caribbean it is always better to be safe than sorry, be prepared, if it's not needed then no harm done.

Take a small battery radio, old fashioned but if the internet goes down it's very useful. Torches, try to get water and some canned food plus biscuits and anything else that will keep you fed.

Storms can be very scary, be prepared and hope it bothers someone else not you!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccleberry
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have messaged TUI and no response so far which is frustrating, were due to fly out Sun AM, and I know they won't know for sure as the path does keep changing but it'd be nice for them to at least say when a decision would be made, and what our options are. Especially with them only flying out from EMA once a week! If we need to move ours it's the sat from somewhere else... But that only leaves tomorrow to sort!

Hopefully the storm will just turn back into the sea and do zero damage and die on itself!
Beccleberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...toa34#contents

Recent update shows the storm slowing down, but growing in intensity. Sunday flights out looking more likely.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
When Irma hit in 2017 our flight with VA on the 11th September was cancelled and VA booked us onto the 12th. We were VA flight only and at Gatwick we were given a disclaimer saying we were flying at our own risk as there was still a lot unknown as to what it would be like in Orlando. I think those who had a VH booking had their holiday cancelled with the option to book at a later date.
I wonder why VA and VH take a different stance on things?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AEK View Post
Tigger- If i hear any news i will post on here. I've booked a hotel at miami airport for sat night just in case! I then wondered if i should book fir sunday night😆 I so like to be organised!
Hope it changes direction soon. 😄
We’re on the 20.40 flight as well I’ve booked a hotel in Naples for Sunday just in case as I really don’t want to be driving towards the storm if it hits the East coast hard. I spoke to BA an hour ago who just said they are aware (which you would hope) but the operations department are still not willing to change the flights at their cost. I asked about the car hire as we are on a fly drive and they said not to worry they would look after that if needed - we shall see.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Beccleberry View Post
I have messaged TUI and no response so far which is frustrating, were due to fly out Sun AM, and I know they won't know for sure as the path does keep changing but it'd be nice for them to at least say when a decision would be made, and what our options are. Especially with them only flying out from EMA once a week! If we need to move ours it's the sat from somewhere else... But that only leaves tomorrow to sort!

Hopefully the storm will just turn back into the sea and do zero damage and die on itself!
We're in the same position, flying from Manchester with TUI on Sunday, they do fly from Manchester on Wednesdays as well, but I'm still a bit worried to say the least!

Who did you message? I sent a message via Facebook, bit I haven't had any reply either.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List