Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Question for those with children

OH's mum turned up unannounced with his nieces and nephews last night (we don't mind it being unannounced) but I had been wrapping Christmas presents in the living room and hadn't moved them out of the way yet.
His niece asked me who the presents were for and OH's mum said a story about Father Christmas dropping them off early because of this reason and that.
My parents had always said that Father Christmas bought us presents but that we also receive presents from them and from other people and that we give presents from us too.
It just got me wondering what other people told their kids.
What did you tell your children about presents from other relatives?
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We give and receive personal presents. Santa just brings a few special ones.
They wouldn't have had any issue with seeing someone wrap presents
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
OH's mum turned up unannounced with his nieces and nephews last night (we don't mind it being unannounced) but I had been wrapping Christmas presents in the living room and hadn't moved them out of the way yet.
His niece asked me who the presents were for and OH's mum said a story about Father Christmas dropping them off early because of this reason and that.
My parents had always said that Father Christmas bought us presents but that we also receive presents from them and from other people and that we give presents from us too.
We never did Santa for presents - just a little stocking, all our presents come from people.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

All our presents were bought by us then sent to Father Christmas to be wrapped and then delivered by him on Christmas Eve.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We say that we/family buy and wrap the presents and give the presents to Santa. He then makes the decision if they get delivered or not and if they have been extra good they may receive one from Santa too.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

I do Santa Sacks but DH & I buy the presents that go into them. The kids then also get a main present which is from us. Any gifts that they receive from other friends and relatives are given from the person concerned - so that they can be properly thanked. I would never consider letting Santa take credit for other people's generosity!
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I seem to be the minority but all my children's gifts come from Santa on Christmas morning, they are all bought and wrapped in secrecy and brought down from the attic when the kids go to sleep on Christmas Eve. I love the look on their faces on Christmas morning, we also put fake snow down in the hall and stairs and put footprints in it! I think this will be my last year of my 10 year old still believing though. They do receive gifts from grandparents, aunts etc outwith Santas gifts though.
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
I wouldn't tell my children that presents from other people were from Father Christmas. They get a stocking fillled with gifts from the big guy and tree gifts are from family.
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We always give DS presents from us and presents from Santa. Everything except any gifts family and friends have dropped in during the lead up is hidden away until he's in bed and asleep. I like it to be a big difference overnight you see. It doesn't have the same impact otherwise IMO

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

It's interesting all of the different stories. What do people do if their children talk to their friends and they are told a different story?
I did mention to OH's mum that at Christmas time the children do thank us for our gifts to them, so they must be told that we buy them gifts too.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread