Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Really poor. I can’t see any chance of additional flights being released. The prices of flights already out may fluctuate but very unlikely additional flights getting released. If they are not prepared to work with you then I would go through section 75.
Yes, we shall be making that phone call first thing. Thanks for your thoughts 👍🏻

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I don't think you should be worrying although I appreciate why you are worrying... You have booked a package and this is one of the benefits of doing so. The fact the flight element has gone pop isn't your direct concern, its the person providing the package. Its up to them to find alternative flights and sort you out. If they can't then you have your ATOL protection etc or they need to refund you.

Personally I hate package holidays as I always want to be in control. But its also the whole reason why we have package holiday providers for people who don't want the responsibility of dealing with these issues.

Personally I would relax and let them sort it for you - its the whole point of what you bought!

Have you checked the terms and conditions for cancellation ? You might be able to cancel and not cost you too much money this far out.

As for where the flights will come from - a lot of TC slots are going to be filled by the other airlines - I would imagine a lot of flights will appear in due course.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Battery Chicken
Proud to wear my Ears

Many years ago I had a problem with a travel agent . I went to trading standards in the council area they were based and they took up my case and got all my money back. They were brilliant. Just a suggestion it is always worth a try.
Battery Chicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I don't think you should be worrying although I appreciate why you are worrying... You have booked a package and this is one of the benefits of doing so. The fact the flight element has gone pop isn't your direct concern, its the person providing the package. Its up to them to find alternative flights and sort you out. If they can't then you have your ATOL protection etc or they need to refund you.

Personally I hate package holidays as I always want to be in control. But its also the whole reason why we have package holiday providers for people who don't want the responsibility of dealing with these issues.

Personally I would relax and let them sort it for you - its the whole point of what you bought!

Have you checked the terms and conditions for cancellation ? You might be able to cancel and not cost you too much money this far out.

As for where the flights will come from - a lot of TC slots are going to be filled by the other airlines - I would imagine a lot of flights will appear in due course.
Thank you for your thoughts, it’s very much appreciated. My issue is, I don’t want to wait months to see if we are going or not, I don’t think that’s fair. There are currently no suitable flights to the airport we wanted on the day we wanted to go. I can get flights to another airport in Turkey for the day before but then my original hotel is no good as the transfer is too long for my disabled son.
I just want to be able to rebook now so we can relax, knowing we are going away. I have the deposit to do that but my worry is, I won’t get my £900 back and then paying for the new holiday will be a struggle. If I knew 100% that they had to refund me and there was no question of that, then I’d rebook and forget about it for now.
We contacted our credit card provider this morning and they said that Thomas Cook has instructed them not to deal with Atol protected claims! We explained that our messages are going ignored, they have closed their phone lines and they are expecting us to wait and see for a few months. She said she would try her best and is sending the claim form out but it’s not guaranteed.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Battery Chicken View Post
Many years ago I had a problem with a travel agent . I went to trading standards in the council area they were based and they took up my case and got all my money back. They were brilliant. Just a suggestion it is always worth a try.
I would certainly go down that route if need be. Just hoping it won’t come to that ☹️

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Thank you for your thoughts, it’s very much appreciated. My issue is, I don’t want to wait months to see if we are going or not, I don’t think that’s fair. There are currently no suitable flights to the airport we wanted on the day we wanted to go. I can get flights to another airport in Turkey for the day before but then my original hotel is no good as the transfer is too long for my disabled son.
I just want to be able to rebook now so we can relax, knowing we are going away. I have the deposit to do that but my worry is, I won’t get my £900 back and then paying for the new holiday will be a struggle. If I knew 100% that they had to refund me and there was no question of that, then I’d rebook and forget about it for now.
We contacted our credit card provider this morning and they said that Thomas Cook has instructed them not to deal with Atol protected claims! We explained that our messages are going ignored, they have closed their phone lines and they are expecting us to wait and see for a few months. She said she would try her best and is sending the claim form out but it’s not guaranteed.
I can’t believe what your bank has said.. that is absurd... Thomas cook aren’t around to instruct them!

Your bank WANTS you to use atol so THEY don’t have to refund you but they still have have to assist you with section 75 regardless.

Get the claim form and get it sent back, they then will have to start the ball rolling to assist you.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
I can’t believe what your bank has said.. that is absurd... Thomas cook aren’t around to instruct them!

Your bank WANTS you to use atol so THEY don’t have to refund you but they still have have to assist you with section 75 regardless.

Get the claim form and get it sent back, they then will have to start the ball rolling to assist you.
I am so frustrated and fed up. Just about ready to punch someone! Thank you, we will send it back the day it arrives and hope that it’s sorted for us.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
I am so frustrated and fed up. Just about ready to punch someone! Thank you, we will send it back the day it arrives and hope that it’s sorted for us.
Don’t be deterred, because that is what they are trying to do... put you off filling in the form and hoping you go through atol. Of course if you fill and return the form then they have to assist.

They will be inundated so just trying to decrease the claims through them but your agent has put you in a sticky situation with not much choice.
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think some of your are confused...

She still has a holiday...

If you book a package and the flight element is cancelled but the package provider says don’t worry we will sort you new flights you still have a holiday and can’t claim anything.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I think some of your are confused...

She still has a holiday...

If you book a package and the flight element is cancelled but the package provider says don’t worry we will sort you new flights you still have a holiday and can’t claim anything.
No, not confused. No flights = can’t get to holiday destination.

She might still have a partial package, but the flights were with Thomas cook and these cannot be provided. Because these cannot be provided and at this time they are unable to source and offer alternative flights that suit then she is entitled to a refund on her package. Yes they have said wait, and we are going to try and magic flights up at a later date but she has already explained that she doesn’t want to wait for various reasons.
They cannot provide her with what she originally booked so she is entitled to a refund. She isn’t duty bound to wait.