Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
One Mad woman and her dog 2- Aberfeldy June 21. Day 3 Aberfeldy and Dunkeld

Tuesday 15th June

Wake up at the crack of dawn again, but wait til about 7am to throw Max out for a wee.
I have a mint tea and a coffee, then make us both a slice of toast each, and do just a little bit of work on the laptop, and a quick yoga class as I’m waiting for some gardens to open at 9.

Off we go in the car to Cluny Park gardens. Pass some red squirrels on the way in. This cost £5 and was well worth it. Ends up being about a 40 min walk through the most beautiful woods.

From here I plug in the postcode for the Corbenic poetry walk that a Dibber recommended. Unfortunately when I get there there is a sign to say that it needs to be arranged in advance. This is a shame as I really liked the sound of it, but I drop them a quick email to see if I can sort it for another day.

I then try to head to the Hermitage NT walk that was also recommended. It takes me a few false starts, I think I cross the A9 about 3 times with the sat nav very confused. But then I find it, and it’s seriously lovely. Max and I really enjoy our walk here and walk for around an hour. Costs £3 to park but free otherwise.

Load the car and we head back towards Aberfeldy. I stop at the Co-op and pick up a bottle of wine, and a Father’s Day card £13.50. Then a stamp from the post office 85p and get it written and posted. I also take out £30 in cash, there is a £5 a day dog fee, and I want to give the air bnb host some money for letting me plug my car in. Then we both go back to our accommodation for a rest. I heat up a ready meal for lunch, pour a glass of wine and watch Greys Anatomy for a bit. I don’t think I have had a ready meal since uni, but I ran in the shop yesterday with Max tied up outside and seemed a good option.

I’m exhausted as I’m not sleeping well at the minute. Think delayed house purchases do that for you, so I do allow myself to doze for a bit. I know his lordship doesn’t mind as I can hear him snoring.

After a bit Max gives me a woof to say he wants a wee, so I let him out, get changed then we head back down into town on foot. It’s the most perfect walk as I don’t have to put him on the lead until right in town so he gets a good run around and play on the way in and back.

We try a bar we haven’t been in before for a pre-dinner drink called the Black Watch and catch the tail end of the Hungary Portugal match. I’m glad I did book for dinner tonight as this pub has had gas problems and are sending everyone to the pub we had lunch at yesterday and have booked for tonight. I have 2 wines and it comes to £11.20.

We then wander to the other pub for dinner and to watch the France Germany match. I order Mac and cheese and it’s amazing (and massive). I can barely manage half. Have 2 wines and it comes to £23.75.

Time to wander back up the hill, it’s getting dark so I take a wrong path, and end up having to scrabble up the bank, madly ending up right at my car. Straight to bed for both of us.

Miles travelled 31 in a car including getting very lost, but a few on foot.
Amount spent £87.30
Old 16 Jun 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The gardens and the woodlands walk look beautiful- Dibbers are awesome with their hints and tips! Milo loves to look over walls too, Max looks adorable checking out the waterfall. 😍

I think the best tip when traveling with your dog/furball/best friend is booking meals in advance. Before we had Milo we would just roll up and figure out where to eat (normally resulting in hangry side eyes when no one wants to make a decision 😂. ) luckily you booked dinner in advance, that Mac n cheese looks delicious and super cheesy, who doesn’t love triple carbs in a meal, with the fries and garlic bread. 😋 You did well to get home in the dark safely. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The gardens and the woodlands walk look beautiful- Dibbers are awesome with their hints and tips! Milo loves to look over walls too, Max looks adorable checking out the waterfall. 😍

I think the best tip when traveling with your dog/furball/best friend is booking meals in advance. Before we had Milo we would just roll up and figure out where to eat (normally resulting in hangry side eyes when no one wants to make a decision 😂. ) luckily you booked dinner in advance, that Mac n cheese looks delicious and super cheesy, who doesn’t love triple carbs in a meal, with the fries and garlic bread. 😋 You did well to get home in the dark safely. Xx
That's a great tip and I'm really liking how you managed to walk most of the way into town without Max on a lead.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List