Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

PCR testing for back-to-back DCL

Hi again,

Hoping to do 2 back-to-back staycation cruises in September. I've booked one for the 20th-22nd and then I'd provisionally booked the 22nd-24th. I was already in two minds whether to do the 2nd one, but I've been getting excited about the thought of a longer trip now so was going to keep both bookings but now I'm in 2 minds again...

How is PCR testing going to work? The 20th is a Monday, the first day of first cruise, the 2nd cruise starts on Wednesday. Both my daughters would need a PCR no earlier than Friday 17th in order to sail the Wednesday, however this would be too late IMO for the first cruise, especially as it's then the weekend so would be cutting it way too fine!

Do you think they will allow one PCR to cover both trips even if that meant that the test would have taken place more than 5 day prior to 2nd trip? I think I know what the answer will be and I will check with Disney when I get chance, just wanted to get your opinions first. I could use the argument that the first test would cover a 4 day cruise so what's the difference but I can't see them allowing it.

It means more cost with 2 extra tests and we'd probably have to get wifi as well because we'll more than likely be out at sea when we have the 2nd results back. My youngest is Autistic too and it's going to be difficult for her to do one test never mind two, especially if she knows what's coming the 2nd time.

Can anyone see another way around it that I'm not thinking of without paying a fortune for quicker results? Unless anyone knows any reliable/permitted companies that don't charge an arm and a leg for fast results?

One last thing what happens if the test is invalid and therefore you don't get results in time? Disney wouldn't refund so late would they? Can anyone recommend insurance that would cover this?

Thanks so much in advance, this site is so helpful and that cruise to nowhere thread has been invaluable!
elvertine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elvertine
Trading Disney Pins

Just incase anyone else was wondering about PCR testing with back-to-back sailings, this is the reply I got from Disney:

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

For guests sailing on back-to-back sailings, a second PCR test is not required.

A second antigen test will be required on turn day between voyages for all Guests.

Guests may remain onboard and the Clearance Officer will communicate logistics with the Guest directly via Ship-to-Guest messaging.

In some cases, Guests may be required to exit the ship and re-enter through the terminal.

Amenities will be available in the onboard lounge where Guests will be directed until their stateroom is ready.

Guests who are confirmed in the same stateroom for both sailings, will not need to pack up their stateroom.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Hope this helps someone else
elvertine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s good news. I’ve just read that Celebrity are allowing b2b and they will be doing the test onboard for those doing b2b.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List