Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Rides for 1 year old?

We took my little boy when he was 2 and a half and he was able to do most little rides, but just wondering if anyone has experience of taking a (just over) 1 year old and which rides they could go on? And which rides they liked/disliked?
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We took our 1 year old on all the slow rides at WDW. He enjoyed them all.
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I took DS2 when he was 18 months old. There were quite a lot he could go on - dumbo; IASW, Peter Pan, Casey Junior, Storybook Canal boats, slinky dog, cars ride etc. He enjoyed dumbo the most. He couldn't sit still for the shows though and lost interest quite easily.
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We took our boy at just under one. He did Dumbo, small world, haunted mansion, buzz, carousel. Could have done more but we didn't fit them in!
He loved small world!
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're taking our 4 year old (I know a little older than your baby) ... but we've been checking what rides are suitable for the little ones ...

We're looking at the paddleboats (Riverboats), Pirate of the Caribbean (although this might be a little dark and scary for a 1 year old), the Carousel, Dumbo, Peter Pan (again might not be suitable for a little one), Tea Cups (but check if these are open as they're undergoing refurbisments when we go), Casey Jr, it's a small world ... etc ...

there's loads you can do with your 1 year old ...

It could be they're just as happy watching the rides though.

It'll be magical just watching their faces ... I can't wait until I go! xxx
pvbmb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

Agreed with everyone so far - there aren't many rides that you can't take a 1 year old, and even allowing for the fact that there are a few that they can't go on plus the odd show that they won't enjoy I think this is more than made up by the extra they get out of just walking around. We took our daughter when she was 18 months, and I completely underestimated just how much she ended up enjoying just looking at the theming.
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Brilliant! Thanks everyone. We will have our son with us too, he'll be 4. He loved all the things we took him on at 2 and a half so I know he'll love it. I imagine our youngest will very much follow his lead as well.
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List