Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DS2 hit a 50ft oak tree on the front yard of my parents small holding
Fortunately it was with the Land Rover then he went in the ditch and had to be pulled out and way more believe me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jcourt39
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I finally passed last June at 31. Had lessons at 19 and failed my first test then didn't bother again until 30. I was heavily pregnant when I passed and had my husband's old golf gti to drive...I could not work the clutch. At. All. I would stall constantly, even on the flat and it was so embarrassing. I felt physically sick every morning at the thought of taking my son to preschool, so much so my husband blamed the stress of it on baby being overdue...so he bought me an automatic and I've never looked back. I now love my car and am perfectly happy to drive now.

Parking however, that's another story 🙈🙈

Rachael x x x
jcourt39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In the village where I lived at the time there was (and still is) a pub on a sharp corner. It was a lovely summer evening with plenty of people enjoying a quiet drink, gathering outside to catch the last rays of sun as I approached in my Austin Mini-van (yellow, black roof, floor start, sliding widows, total babe magnet ) full of confidence I decided I would impress the crowd by dropping down a gear and taking the corner in style. Of course I lost control, did a full 360 degree spin during which I lost a rear chrome hubcap which shot between the astonished drinkers, through the pub door and into the snug.
I didn't bother stopping to retrieve it.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

About year 3 of me driving, I did a night shift at work. I dropped my friend home and it was so foggy. I parked outside his house, he got out and I reversed. I didn’t see the telegraph pole in the fog and broke my wing mirror.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Reversed my mum's car into a lamppost in car park one night 😭😭😱😱 caused so much damage that the car would have been written off if it had been more than 12 months old 😢😢
I was forgiven very quickly and I've never had another serious accident. Various bumps and scrapes over the years, it happens.

I love being able to drive though and would never give it up 🚗
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I passed my test at the grand old age of 25. I'd driven for the previous year on l plates with my boyfriend (now husband) and after passing brought a 15 year old Micra. Brilliant little car - despite having to use duck tape to cover holes in the roof that let water in. She was written off by a side impact by a Mondeo - I has gutted. My second car was a 10 year old Corsa. Still less than 6 months after passing and I took the car to a local garage for work to the brakes. Left the garage and drove home - less than a mile from home the brakes felt really soft and whilst going down hill went completely - the crossing ahead had a car waiting to turn right and I had no brakes at all. Fortunately the car moved on and as the lights turned red I managed to slow down with the gears and hand brake and managed to make the turn - using the pavement to make a stop. Never been soo scared in my life. It turned out that the garage hadn't done up the bleed nipples and the car had been ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ out fluid every time I put on the brakes and hence no brakes. I was never taught to slow down using gears and was taught that by my hubby otherwise I dread to think what could have happened if I had panicked and didn't know what to do.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

It’s not just the first 6 months... I’m still making mistakes 20+ years later. Dh treated himself to a brand new car back last October time... had it built to spec and 2 weeks later I caught a twig/branch with the side of the wheel and popped a little dent in the bottom of the passenger door... luckily he’s a very calm patient man
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Always wondered if anyone had ever had trouble with remembering what side of the road they should be on after coming back from the states?
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Always wondered if anyone had ever had trouble with remembering what side of the road they should be on after coming back from the states?
I don’t drive in the US, but my dh does. He said it’s hard to get it wrong as your going with the flow of traffic! However once in San Diego we were making a left turn, (I think out of Sea world) and we were the first car. He automatically went to the left side. I yelled at him and managed to recover and pull onto the right side. 😬
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

My son, hasn’t passed his test, but on a driving lesson, as he went round the roundabout, he nearly took the side out of a police car, not just any police car , it was the armed response vehicle!

Doesn’t help I’m a PC !

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List