Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Jun 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We are moving our Sept trip to 30th October - get the Xmas decs at WDW and the all important restock of Ghiradellis Peppermint Bark.

Fingers crossed for the 3rd time this year.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have ordered a Christmas Eve Bag from Amy’s Emporium (hope that is the right name!). So that is my shopping started.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I usually go to Florida early/mid Nov and do most of my Christmas shopping there.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I've started thinking about xmas too - its only 6 months away after all
Our holiday was cancelled and not much else to do at the moment anyway so figured I might as well start on my xmas prep.

There have been some reasonably good deals on toys online so I've picked up a few bits for the grandkids and the xmas donations pile - I always donate to the local kids xmas present appeals and figure this year is going to be tight for more families than ever so I'm planning to get a couple of things each month.

I've also been thinking that maybe if I make a start on my xmas crafts now I might actually get some of them done in time this year. I always have a list of all these things I'd love to do but then never seem to have the time to actually get them done.

Reckon it’s ok to make a start on the Christmas baubles 😂😂 I’m usually cramming to get them done in early December...or really any time up to 24th December!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Already planning what themes for what rooms
Country Christmas Winter Wonderland and Rich Jewels are looking favourites right now
If our trip goes a head it may be pared down a little aa we don’t come home tillDEC 12th
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
They sound very interesting themes, Gryff.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Already planning what themes for what rooms
Country Christmas Winter Wonderland and Rich Jewels are looking favourites right now
If our trip goes a head it may be pared down a little aa we don’t come home tillDEC 12th
I think that my theme will be "oh look, the elves have gone on strike". I always start in June with good intentions and then suddenly find that it is mid December and I have yet to decorate.

Fingers crossed for your trip
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I usually get everything down from the loft as I put the Halloween stuff
away and sort it in to rooms if DH put it away after Christmas
I’m a bit OCD in that the boxes are labelled with what’s in them etc
And I put up the trees check the lights etc before I go
DH comes home before me usually and has clear instructions to post the Christmas cards that I’ve written and left recheck the lights and
Put up the outside lights
It’s just easier to sneak in anything else Christmas I’ve bought on our trip this way
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Well because we had to cancel Disney we are off to lapland in December for 5 days instead 😁
All being well we ve been thinking the same ,I’m going to see what’s happening nearer the time and maybe pick up a last minute trip to replace our lost Florida this year !
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List