Old 15 Sep 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Chasing Sunsets - Day Seven - Hollywood Studios and Outback Steakhouse

DAY 7 – Monday 22nd May – HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

There was no rest for the wicked as the alarm went off again at 7am. I think we all struggled to get up but we eventually got in to gear and managed to leave the Villa at 8.20am. There was lots of construction work going on around HS and there were a lot of ‘Bobs Bollards’ in place. We parked up at 8.45am, it was already very humid, and on the way to the entrance a transportation man took a lovely picture of the boys.

The bag check was really slow today, once in the park we headed over to TSM. On the way over we stopped by one of the photographers and had some lovely family shots taken, including "magical shots"

Surprisingly the wait time for TSM was only 25 minutes so we joined the queue. In fact it was only 15 minutes, which was even better although the boys didn’t mind the queuing area.

The boys loved the ride as do the adults, I haven’t made a note of the scores but we all had great fun. We checked on the queue to meet Woody and Buzz but it was out of the door so that was not an option. We decided to head to Star Tours for our FP, this took longer than expected as Lee led us down a dead end, it was only 90 degrees, so didn’t really matter

Lee and Sue didn’t fancy it so stayed off, it has changed a lot since I last went on it, I think the boys enjoyed it but not sure they would go on again.
Next up we met Olaf there was hardly any wait, which was good, but he didn’t sign Lucas’s book, which did not impress the little fella, he did give him a sticker though.

Next up was one of Dicks favourite it was the Muppet Show. They boys have seen it before but couldn’t remember it. It was very funny to hear them laughing at the jokes, we sat on the 2nd row, so got a great view of Sweetums.

We had lost track of time a little and it was now 11.05am and our fast pass for TOT ran out at 11.25am. This meant a brisk walk to the other side of the park. Sue and Dick did not want to go on so tried to get some ice cream from the place on the corner but they were told it was not open until 12!

Prior to the trip we had talked to the boys about going on ToT and they seemed keen but neither Lee or I thought they would go on. They were very apprehensive in the queuing area, they asked a lot of questions but they were brave and never once said they didn’t want to go on. We were sat in the front row, Lucas nearly broke my hand he held it that tight. The ride was as good as ever, Jacob loved it but Lucas said he was never going on again. We got a fantastic ride video that unfortunately i cannot share as i am a complete novice with you tube, but this was us getting into spirits before riding

We met back up with Sue and Dick and the ice cream parlour was still closed. Lee and I decided to join the single rider line for RNRC. The standby queue was 70 minutes but we were both on within 20 minutes. We both love this ride, it never disappoints

Ice Cream shop was still not open even though it was now 12.20pm, I thought Lee was going to break in but we restrained him and decided to go and use our final FP on TSM. Our FP was for 12.35pm we arrived at 12.30pm but they let us in. Everyone improved their score from the morning session and we were all glad we managed to get on twice. Despite being tired we made the walk back to the ice cream parlour to get our well deserved ice cream. Lucas was that hungry he had 2.

We sat down and ate them before they melted. The humid weather had taken its toll and we had done everything we wanted at HS, so we made our way to the exit.

Just before the exit we spotted Grandma’s favourite character, Donald Duck. We waited a while and stayed in line while Donald went in to check on Daisy. Now Sue has always been a big fan of Donald and so had a big cuddle and a LOT of photos, look how happy she is…..priceless! And Donald enjoyed teasing the boys.

The pool was now calling the boys and they were straight in as soon as we got back. Lucas enjoyed the pool more than parks, he would often ask in the parks if he could go home and play in the pool. The usual capers of water fights, cannon balls and volleyball then took place.

We decided to go to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Its fair to say this is not my favourite place but the rest of the group like it so I went along. The restaurant was very quiet as it was still early afternoon. Dick was starving so had a cheesy bites appetizer (which everyone helped him eat). Lee also had a starter and went for the potato soup. The bread was very nice.
For a mains Lee went for the Porterhouse Pork
Me – Chicken Sandwich and Salad (wasn’t that hungry)
Sue – Steak and Salad and Cheesecake for dessert
Dick – Steak and Salad and a 22oz Big Bloke beer
Both the boys had chicken tenders

I find the Outback puts a lot of seasoning on their food, however it was still nice. The bill came to $110 plus tip.

It was still early and we still had a bit of energy left so we decided to head to Old Town for a couple of hours. I like the tacky little shops. Dick picked up a magnet for a guy who collects them at his work. We had another ice cream from the shop with the mini cars; it was very nice the boys love blue ice cream.

Lee loves this place because the portions are massive. We decided against Funspot and decided to head back, we got caught in a massive thunderstorm, the thunder was deafening. It was good to watch but I was a little bit scared driving in it!

The boys watched Monday night Raw (wrestling) in their room. We put the TV on and heard about the terrible bomb in Manchester at the Ariana Grande concert. It was awful news and definitely took the edge off our day.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

That transport picture is great - never seen that before!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely day, looking forward to more. Xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love the photos of Sue with Donald, he's my favourite too!

The boys were so brave to do ToT, you must have been so proud.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Fab photos of Sue and Donald.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Fab photo's of Sue & Donald, that's Disney Magic for you!

Never been to the Old Town, keep meaning to try it
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day. Love the Donald pics
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I love Hollywood studios even though it's not got much open, I really enjoy the atmosphere. Tower of terror is my favourite ride, my youngest went on when he was 5 too and has vowed never again I'm still working on him to go back on it this August but he's having none of it!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I love Hollywood studios even though it's not got much open, I really enjoy the atmosphere. Tower of terror is my favourite ride, my youngest went on when he was 5 too and has vowed never again I'm still working on him to go back on it this August but he's having none of it!
Hi Danielle,

We have just booked to go back this year, and the first thing Lucas sais is that there is no way he is riding TOT again!

Watch this space...

Kerry
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Hi Danielle,

We have just booked to go back this year, and the first thing Lucas sais is that there is no way he is riding TOT again!

Watch this space...

Kerry
We never did get him back on it so good luck 😉
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List