Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

May/June weather compared to August

Only ever been last 2 weeks in August, what is the weather usually like last week may/1st week June? Many thanks
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

Nicer! Less humid.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We went may 2015 and just been in August. I didn't notice much difference with the heat. There was less rain in may but we had temps over 100 and high humidity. I don't know if it was unusual but both holidays were hot and sticky!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Been both times no difference whatsoever hot and humid!
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Noddy22
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Last year we went on the 1st of June and all it seemed to do was rain all the time. I think it was particularly wet for that time of year though. We've been in June before and it was never that wet. The temperature should be similar though
Noddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went in June back in 2010 and it was nice, humidity was tolerable. Towards the end of our holiday however (18th) it got very hot very quickly. The day we went to Seaworld we couldn't stay outside for long because it was that hot. We were out once and a temperature display read 37C.

We went in May in 2015 and the weather was very pleasant. Hot but not humid, and the temperature did fall a bit at night (unlike June when it was the same kind of hot 24 hours). We never had to run for shade but could wear shorts and t shirt and not be chilly.

We are going back in may next year because it was just that nice (helps that my birthday is also in May! &#128514
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

The rain usually starts a bit more towards the end of may, temperatures this may were quite a bit higher than average. we had a few days around 36 degrees .
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been both times and prefer the weather in May by a mile. August is far more humid and a lot more storms, particularly towards the end of the month. Still hot and sunny in may but much more pleasant. Should add that we went early May

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

Haven't ever been in August but found June very hot and humid. Went 5th May for 2 weeks this year and weather was fab - only rained one afternoon and that was with higher than average temperatures. I would definitely go in May again. Don't forget that the first week in June tends to be a lot busier due to the Orlando Gay Days Celebrations.
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

We to went this year mid May and it did seem a lot hotter than last year. News 13 Channel did say the heat was the same as it usually is in August. Saying that every time I have been the weather feels hot and humid, esp to the weather over here. Bonus going Mid May is that it isn't as crowded