Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Walking from Hipark Serris

How long does it take, walking at an average pace? I've seen reports from 10 minutes to half an hour...

Also, where do you come into Disney when you walk in from there? I get so tired after a day at Disney (we do loooong days!) that I find it a struggle to walk back to Sequoia Lodge so I'm trying to guage whether the Hipark will be much worse. (I know you can get a bus but as they're once an hour I dont want to reply on those).

Once last question - is it easy to drive from the Hipark to the park?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
macca1476
Getting to know the DIBB

Walk past the police station, turn right and then at the roundabout turn left. Newport Bay is on your right and you can see DisneyLand Hotel in the distance. You will then arrive at the security side by Vapianos.

Walking takes about 15 minutes at a relaxed pace. In context, it's a similar amount of time from Santa Fe to the theme parks. But security is always a lot quicker than the main security entrance (a couple of minutes rather than possible 15-20 at busy times).

We stayed there for 2 weeks in July. Walked there and when we left late we usually timed it right for the bus back (had timetable with us).

Driving isn't too bad, but to get to the main car park is a bit more of a hassle than parking in the village car park (think that limits to four hours). Works out a similar amount of time to walking by the time you park up and walk up to security. Parking is also expensive unless you have an annual pass.
macca1476 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
I did wonder if it might not seem much further than Sequoia Lodge - by the time you walk around the river and through the Village etc.

Thanks!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just got back from Hi Park last week, we walked there and back every time, so much easier and quicker than waiting for the bus, driving around the opposite way and then getting through the main security check.

10 mins, 15 max if you're strolling. Very pleasent as you walk up past Newport with DLH at the top of the road too.
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds better than the bus! Is the footpath lit up on a night time. As I would be worried walking with my kids after fireworks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
10 mins, 15 max if you're strolling.
That sounds brilliant! I tried putting it into Google Maps and they said 23 minutes to walk!
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It is lit the whole way, felt completely safe I wouldn’t be concerned about the walk at all.

I think google maps overestimates the walking times lol
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds great as I'm staying there tonight! A bit nervous as not stayed there before (usually when off site I'm closer to the Val d'Europe RER station) but reassuring to know it's an easy walk to DLP! (Whether I'll be in a condition to walk after the half marathon on Sunday is a different matter altogether...)
Old 21 Sep 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Lots of videos showing the walk on youtube

dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Lots of videos showing the walk on youtube

Thanks for this! We are staying in the adagio in November so don't mind walking after fireworks!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List