Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Jan 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

*Cocktails in America - The Boozy Adventures with Mickey & Gang*- Day 9 - Hard Rock Hotel.

*Cocktails in America
The Boozy Adventures with Mickey & Gang* -
"We will we will rock you"
Day 9.
Sunday 4th December.

The start of our Holiday inside a Holiday with 2 nights at HRH.

All up at 6am, no messing around this morning, packed the car up and grabbed a cereal bar to go. We were in the car for 7am and parked up in the Hard Rock car park for 7:30. We went to get checked in which took about 10 minutes, leaving the bags in the car as we knew the rooms wouldn't be ready yet. We got assigned room keys so we could sort out our front of the line passes, grainy FOTL photos taken withing 5 minutes we were on our way. EMH were at Universal this morning. We decided to walk rather than waiting for the boat, just before we reached the entrance to City Walk there was a small bag check & body scan, 30 seconds for us all to get through we joined the small queue at the entrance.

Day 9 (20) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Once we were in we went to get our Photo connect card sorted which took no time at all then we were on our way to Diagon Ally.
OMG it is so amazing, I got chills as we walked through and might of shed a lil tear, i felt like I was actually in the films 'Your a wizard Abbie'

Day 9 (15) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We had a little look around and watched the dragon waiting for it to do its thing. The queue for Gringotts was showing as 15 minutes so we joined, putting all our belongings in the locker first. How amazing are the goblins working in the bank, they look so real. We got our picture taken and then got in the "lift" to take us down, queue another mini panic attack from Aidan, until he realised it wasn't a real lift HA (sorry, spolier alert!)

Day 9 (9) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We all loved the ride, it is so clever - we had read a bit about what it entails but until your actually on it you can't imagine how it actually works. After we had a look in the shops, we were all super impressed with Ollivanders and spent so long looking at everyone's different wands. CJ was so engrossed that she wasn't looking where she was going and fell down some stairs, there was only like 2 small steps but she was very dramatic and it gave me and Megan a good laugh, we checked that she was okay and then laughed some more. We managed to catch the Dragon breathing fire just before we left - wowza.

Day 9 (18) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Day 9 (17) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We left Diagon Ally and took some pictures of London and Megan went for a chat with the shrunken head and night bus conductor, such good characters.

Day 9 (16) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Next, onto tackle some aliens on MiB, Megan won getting the red button and once again it brought out the super competitive side of us all, we went straight back round for another go Gaynor got the red button this time but Megan managed to get over 100,000 points still.

Day 9 (6) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We walked around to Springfield next and rode the Simpsons ride, so much fun. Aidan loved this ride, one of his faves of the holiday! We were sad to see that the Simpson's photo spot had gone as we got some really good pictures last time. We were ready for a drink now but no where in Springfield was open so we walked to Mel's Drive In, as we got there the Simpsons pulled up so we decided to meet them. It was a bit awkward, none of us really knew what to do and Homer kept burping on Megan so we got our picture and got out of there.

Day 9 (8) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We went and got a drink each, 2 Cokes, 2 Coffees & 1 Large Choc Milkshake (aka Ice Cream in a cup) and some fries to share from Mel's $23.57. Outside Mel's we bumped in to Beetlejuice who complemented me on my "fanny pack" We decided to head to Transformers but went the wrong way so headed to ride Rip Ride Rock it, we were on in no time and all managed to pick a song. As we were going up Aidan was totally freaking out and thought he was going to pass out, I was trying to calm him down but also laughing at the same time, he does like to over react some times haha. We all loved it apart from Aidan who was scared for life, we wish we had bought the video as he was so funny. We wanted to ride again but Aidan and Gaynor weren't up for it so they grabbed a seat while us 4 went round again.

Day 9 (19) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We went to The Mummy next, one of the longest and darkest queue's, I seem to remember Gaynor walking in to a wall at one point. It was as amazing as ever, although i'm sure it used to go backwards for longer before, we rode again straight away as we still had time left on the locker.

Day 9 (7) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Finally we made it to Transformers and went to battle the decepticons with Optimus, Aidan and CJ were well impressed with it. Transformers is mine and Aidan's favourite film so i was glad he enjoyed it. We were ready for some lunch now and decided to head back to Springfield to try some Simpsons classics but on the way we passed ET and decided to ride. We gave in our names and hopped on our bikes, its such a strange ride, think it has definitely had its day and we didn't get to hear our names at the end , they also sat us on our own cart just the 6 of us! We had a little look around the kids zone before going to grab lunch.

Day 9 (1) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr
(Florida 10, 13 & 16)

Aidan really wanted to get a pint of Duff from Moe's Tavern ($51 for 6 20oz) so we went there first before grabbing a table outside and all going to get our food. They were super strict here, a few of us were going to grab a table whilst the other waited for the drinks but they needed us all there and would only let us carry our own drink? Everyone got a burger from Krusty Burgers between $10-$12, but i got the Chicken Waffle Sandwich from the Chicken Shack ($11.20), we all really enjoyed the food but weren't so keen on the Duff, it was really heavy and gassy, we think the bar tender had given us the wrong one in the end. The only problem was you got to much food and it was boiling today so we barely made a dent in our meals.

Day 9 (12) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We decided to head towards the exit and see if we fancied anything else on the way. As we hadn't done Despicable Me and it was there we joined the queue.

Day 9 (11) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Megan and CJ wanted to ride RRR again but no one else fancied it so they went off while we all looked in the Universal shop. We met back up and exited the park, taking pictures with the globe.

Day 9 (14) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We walked back to the hotel and grabbed our cases. Our rooms were ready so we went and got new keys and then went up to our rooms, we had booked 2 rooms and split them as boys & girls to save abit of money, They were awesome and were adjoining rooms so could open the door and all be together. We quickly unpacked and stuck on our swimming gear for an afternoon of chilling by the pool. We went and got a spot by the pool in the little bit of sunshine that was left and ordered a drink, we ordered beer and cocktails and opened a tab. Once we had drank our cocktails Meg and I went and sat in the hot tub where we got talking to a lovely little American girl, we talked to her about her family and holiday, at one point Aidan tried to join us but he had burnt his feet really bad so he was struggling to get in, he tried for 5 minutes before giving up and retreating to the pool to cool them down. We also got talking to 2 ladies from Toronto, one lady was telling us that the day they had arrived then went to purchase park tickets and the queue was all the way back to the car park as the computer system was down and they were having to do all the sales manually, they waited 2 hours just for there tickets .
We decided to dry off and have another drink before going to get ready, we grabbed a seat at the bar and added another round to our tab.

Day 9 (3) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We headed back to the rooms and decided to meet back in the bar at 7:30 once we had all showered and beautified. We were ready for 7 so headed down and got another drink, Billy wasn't feeling great so he didn't get one this round. We settled the tab which was $192.90 then headed off to City Walk.

Day 9 (5) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We weren't sure where we fancied for tea tonight so we decided to have a look at a few menus, CJ's ankle was really bad now so we hobbled more than walked. We went to check out Bubba Gump's first but there was a 40 minute wait so we left it for tonight but booked a table for tomorrow.

Day 9 (2) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We all liked the look of Vivo an Italian and there was no wait so we went in. We had a lovely table and an amazing server called Edgar, he was so funny and chatty and so attentive, he was there the moment you finished your drink to get you a new one. We all ordered a drink and decided what we wanted to eat, being sensible and just sticking to main courses tonight. We all ordered different things and they were all lovely, we were super impressed and Edgar just made the whole experience that much better. We paid up $226.95 leaving him a 20% tip and went to explore City Walk.

Day 9 (13) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

All the cocktails bar on the water looked so inviting but no one had brought a jacket and it was quite chilly so we decided to head to NBA Sports bar, Megan ran off to the Universal shop as she had forgotten to pack PJ's, she ended up with a lovely pair of Grinch bottoms and a Universal Studios top. We sat at the bar and ordered a drink, Dad was still feeling icky so ordered coffee and I was stuffed and sleepy so got the same and it was disgusting, tasted like dirty tap water , the rest just got beer $35. Me and Billy decided to head back to the room and leave the other 4 to finish off their drinks.
We walked back and went straight to bed with the others not long behind us. We were all tucked up in bed for 12

Day 9 (10) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

P.S. Universal appear to do magic shots, minus the magic. We had such a laugh as these once we were home and realised how silly we looked.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Aidan's RRR ride photo is one of the best I've ever seen! He was so brave, bless him.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Did go under the water and listen to the music in the pool?!

Fab day!

So want to go back!

AnnMarie
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Aidan's RRR ride photo is one of the best I've ever seen! He was so brave, bless him.
Ha he so made me laugh on that ride. I'm sure he's glad he rode it now, just not at the time 😂

Originally Posted by FLAFantastic View Post
Did go under the water and listen to the music in the pool?!

Fab day!

So want to go back!

AnnMarie
We did 😄 Such a clever touch. So do I! We've started planning for 2019 🙈
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great day! Aiden's ride faces are hilarious! Bless him!

I think you have to add the magic to the shots yourself with the universal pics? Sure I read that somewhere! Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Lol at Aiden on RRR his face was so funny!
Magic photo shots
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jcourt39
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Brilliant! US & IOA are our favourite parks and we adore every part of HP...

However, I HATE Rip Ride Rocket. I totally feel Aiden's pain...I felt awful before,during and after and vowed never again! 😂😂
Rachael x x x
jcourt39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jcourt39 View Post
Brilliant! US & IOA are our favourite parks and we adore every part of HP...

However, I HATE Rip Ride Rocket. I totally feel Aiden's pain...I felt awful before,during and after and vowed never again! 😂😂
Rachael x x x
HP is just amazing isn't it! Haha RRR gives you all types of feelings doesn't it.
Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Lol at Aiden on RRR his face was so funny!
Magic photo shots
Wish we had bought the video! He was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Lovely day
Thank you 😃

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Great day! Aiden's ride faces are hilarious! Bless him!

I think you have to add the magic to the shots yourself with the universal pics? Sure I read that somewhere! Xx
Haha he was so funny! Proud of him for doing them though.
Ha really! How did I not know that 🙈
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day love universal
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List