Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Apr 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

November/December 2017 - Who's Going?

Where are you staying? Who have you booked with? What are your plans while there? If on the DDP, what ADR's do you plan to book? Fastpass must-dos?

We're flying with VA, got a great deal on flights, £717pp return PE. Booked the GF directly through Disney and got the free DDP, Magic Bands, Gift Card etc... Hired an SUV with Alamo for 10 days and will collect it from the CCC the day before we check out of the GF.

I'm doing a split stay as we'll have a 4 month old baby when we go. Thought it would be useful due to having laundry and kitchen facilities at our disposal. Hopefully the weather will be good and not too cold, I know it can be a bit hit and miss at that time of year but figured it would be better if it was a bit cooler as we'll have the LO and not sure how she'll cope with the heat

Only another 7/8 months to go!
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We fly out on 25th November and then back on 9th December... we always go around this time of the year.

We are stating for the 2 weeks in a villa in the Formosa Gardens area as wanted to be a little nearer this time, last time we were at Reunion and although it was beautiful, we found getting an Uber on the evenings we fancied a drink was something of a battle.

We will visit Clearwater and ride on 'Little Toot' to see the Dolphins and maybe visit Anna Maria Island. We always do the all the parks and are so looking forward to Volcano Bay if we get some lovely days (which in the 2 weeks we should do i hope).

We got VA flights out of Manchester in PE for £705 each on Travel Up website and they were cheaper that VA website at the time as they were coming in at £900 ash each.

I am so excited and counting down the days... woo hoo xx
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Ive just noticed that your countdown is almost the same as mine... are you flying out of Manchester? If so, I will look for you in PE x
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

We're going in Nov... with Charter for the hotel/tickets and free dining (first time on site) - so excited! Added 2 extra days on the end - so moving from the Yacht Club to the Poly - 2 nights DVC rental. Flights with VA, economy on the way out and PE on the way back. Flying out of Gatwick.

ADRs ...still debating - want California Grill, Yak & Yeti, Homecomin', Flying Fish, La Cellier, Teppan Edo, Yachtsman Steakhouse. Also want to try Be our Guest for lunch, Blaze, Kona Café ... ok I know too many...

Need to work out which night to do the Christmas Party on too...

so excited!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
November 5th for two weeks. Staying at Hilton bvp. Package with ocean Florida, slightly cheaper than last year .

Have a list of " to do". Already booked Gatwick hotel, insurance. Got estate. So really waiting for wdw hours and then FPS!
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

We fly on December 20th staying in Arkvilla on Highgate Park for 22 nights..flydrive booked with Ocean Florida,flying Glasgow/Gatwick/Orlando.Going to book one night in Art of Animation probably on our second day so we get to book FP at 60 days out and free magic bands. Thinking of doing Gaylord Palms on Christmas Day for lunch and booking ICE. June comes first though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We fly out on 5th december to 21st.
Flights booked direct with aerlingus from Dublin £500 each.
No hotels booked yet waiting on US free dining being released to see if it works in date wise. If not I might try renting DVC points (like the look of the boardwalk).
We will do a split stay with a week in royal Pacific resort/hard rock.
This will be our 4th visit, but first time outside of July/August.
Not looked into dining yet wanting to get hotels sorted first.
My only worry is without the normal summer heat, we will not get the same "feeling".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I plan to add a sneaky week on to a conference in December - conf is at the end of November in Vegas. That's not confirmed yet so not booked accommodation but boy is the accom looking pricey
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lydsabug View Post
Ive just noticed that your countdown is almost the same as mine... are you flying out of Manchester? If so, I will look for you in PE x
I'm flying the exact same dates as you but from Gatwick! 😃
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
We're going in Nov... with Charter for the hotel/tickets and free dining (first time on site) - so excited! Added 2 extra days on the end - so moving from the Yacht Club to the Poly - 2 nights DVC rental. Flights with VA, economy on the way out and PE on the way back. Flying out of Gatwick.

ADRs ...still debating - want California Grill, Yak & Yeti, Homecomin', Flying Fish, La Cellier, Teppan Edo, Yachtsman Steakhouse. Also want to try Be our Guest for lunch, Blaze, Kona Café ... ok I know too many...

Need to work out which night to do the Christmas Party on too...

so excited!
Just noticed that you have the same countdown too! 😊 Are you flying out on the 25th Nov? Who are you flying with and where from?