Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brief recap: 7 years since my last trip and first time for OH and the kids

Just got back from 4 nights at Davy Crockett ranch with my OH and 3 kids (ages 5.5, 2.5 and 1) As the title states it's been 7 years since my last trip, though I have been a number of times before, and first trip for everyone else
Accommodation: Loved the space in the lodge and the self catering facilities, also felt the theming worked very well throughout the resort. My only complaint was the time it took to get to and from the parks (factoring in parking and getting from the car park to the parks) We knew you needed a car for this resort but, having stayed in other onsite hotels previously, I did miss just being able to walk back more than I thought I would. I imagine once the new road is finished the drive will be much quicker so I wouldn't 100% rule it out for a future trip. We got a good deal with the free 2 days and nights promo so that helped balance out the slightly less convenient location.
Restaurants: (We mostly self catered but did eat at the following)
Plaza Gardens breakfast: loved this! The food was delicious and we didn't need to eat again until the evening Characters were great aswell, their accompanying cms were very on the ball with making sure they visited every table and my daughters were in their element, not so much my son though bless him! We would definitely eat there again
Auberge de cendrillion late lunch/early dinner: Very nice for my oldest daughter to meet the princesses without a huge wait (though they seemed a little rushed imo) and we enjoyed the food but we were initially sat at a table for 5 which couldn't accommodate a high chair (not sure why as my son is clearly of an age to need one!) and I had to be quite firm in insisting we wanted to be moved. They did move us to another table but it took a good 10 minutes and sort of took the shine off our experience a little bit. Once we were reseated all was fine but for us this meal was likely a one off.
Parks: A little busier than expected but by no means unmanageable. We did nearly everything we wanted to and our children all really enjoyed themselves. Even my son went on loads of rides with us and loved the parade It was interesting to see the changes that have happened since my last visit in 2010, loved the new animagique show and the parade and fireworks in particular. Sad that potc was closed but gives us a good excuse to return
Overall we had a brilliant trip and made lots of memories as a family I found going with 3 young children went better than I expected. They all coped really well with the long days and late nights and it forced me to slow down a bit more in the parks and see them in a new way
Old 11 Jun 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you had a brilliant trip. We had a slow downed trip this time too and I agree that it was a nice way to enjoy the park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

I think that's what people miss-Just slowing down and seeing how beautifully themed the parks are.
I will try to remember this on our next visit
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List