Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Sep 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bpalmf
Helping Mickey

Epcot

Thinking of going to Epcot this time. Haven't done it before. Id it any good? Wheres the best place to see the fireworks?

thanks
bpalmf
bpalmf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Epcot is awesome and is one of the reasons why I keep going back to WDW when 5 other Disney resorts are closer geographically to where I am.

The thing about Epcot though is that while it has a few good rides (Soarin and Test Track notably, though I have a soft spot for Spaceship Earth and Living with then Land), it - particularly the World Showcase portion - is as much about the atmosphere and just wandering around. I love wandering around World Showcase and popping into the shops and seeing all the unique things they sell, and trying out various foods in each country. There are random performers, like drums in Japan, mime artists in France, musicians including someone who was yodelling near Germany...

Fireworks wise - my absolutely favourite place to watch Illuminations (which I love!) is front and centre at the entrance to World Showcase. Unfortunately it's a FP+ only or dessert party only area, but I will often get a FP+ for it because I just like it that much (the general consensus though is that this is a bit of a waste of a FP+). Another good place is the bridge between the UK and France. There are several other good spots around the lagoon but beware of islands with trees that may block your view!
Old 17 Sep 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Geojen75
Gone all Goofy

We had first visit to Epcot in August and loved it. Children (11 and 8) rated it really highly - one of them above MK.

The second day we had there - we did 3 fastpasses and then had dinner at the Akershaus. I then managed to modify FP+ to get 4 more to test track and in that queue got FP+ to the Fireworks. It was well worth it. The rest of the good viewing sites had people setting up an hour before. We walked into the FP area and found a nice area to sit about 20 mins before they started.
Geojen75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Dependent on when you go there can be events on at EPCOT too. Flower and Garden in the spring and Food and Wine in the autumn and Cadlelight procession and entertainment for Christmas so check your dates. We live a stroll round world showcase and enjoy quite a few of the rides. We find there is always something going on somewhere in EPCOT so lots to do. Go and try the free Coca Cola varieties from around the world in the Coca Cola shop too.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bpalmf
Helping Mickey

great thanks so much all
bpalmf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Epcot is great. Spend 2 days at least a trip.
Try and get a FP for fireworks that area has a good view.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List