Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBoy1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Paying with magic band help?

Ino with my magic band I can pay for things within Disney question is will it be taken off my credit card straight away or does it keep adding to a bill the more I buy then when I check out does it come off my credit card also is it possible to pay with cash when I check out at the desk ?
DisneyBoy1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

If you're staying onsite it will be taken as one amount on checking out. This gives you the opportunity to pay off anything before you check out (we used the gift card to pay off what we'd put on our band).

If you want to pay cash make sure you do it the night before you check out, we learnt last time that they put the bills through about 6am on the morning you check out and send you the room bill via email. Once this is done you can't pay off in cash.

Also onsite you don't need to check out as such, your band will just stop giving you access to your room.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I would pay cash most times but sometimes I put stuff on my band and then had it shipped back to my resort. I would normally go and pay off what I owed the next day then I knew I was clear.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

If you have set a card against your room you can charge everything.There are limits - Value and Moderate $1500 and DeLuxe $2000. Once you hit the limit they make the charge. If this is mid holiday then it starts all over again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
If you want to pay cash make sure you do it the night before you check out, we learnt last time that they put the bills through about 6am on the morning you check out and send you the room bill via email. Once this is done you can't pay off in cash.
I've experienced them charging a card at around midnight or 1am the night before check out! So to be safe if you want to pay off in cash would aim to go to the front desk by at least the evening before check out...
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with the above definitely make sure you pay off the night before checking out. We use MADE to check charges and when it reaches a set amount say $500 we go to front desk and pay it off.
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Last time I just requested a print out every few days at re reception and paid it off as I went along so it wasn't so much of a shock and it saved anything being charged to my credit card unnecessary

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
Last time I just requested a print out every few days at re reception and paid it off as I went along so it wasn't so much of a shock and it saved anything being charged to my credit card unnecessary
The best thing about one of the latest updates to the MDE app is... you can now track room charges through the app! So no longer need to go to the front desk to ask for a print out now!
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
The best thing about one of the latest updates to the MDE app is... you can now track room charges through the app! So no longer need to go to the front desk to ask for a print out now!
That's good that they have started doing this! This year was the first time I charged things to my band and payed it off at reception. Great idea and saves carrying lots of cash. Even better now you can track what you are spending!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Some points of note that have been mentioned but are not always set in stone.

The normal time they dump the costs onto your credit card is between 1.00am and 2.00am.

The resort limits fluctuate. We have a $2000 limit but they tend to do a dump when its circa $1550 I have noticed over the last few years.

Watch the exchange rate as it can be worthwhile letting your bill mount up if the rate is rising in our favour so don't rush to pay cash at the front desk to clear the bill.

The ability to see your bill on MDE is great as I don't monitor mine so have had my Band declined at a restaurant as it was very near the limit. This means walking to that Resorts front desk and asking them to do a card dump thus freeing my limit up. Not an issue but a bit of a pain.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:56 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List