Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 07, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Cool Universal - Express Passes

Can anyone tell me whether it is worth getting an Express Pass for myself and my family (wife and 2 children aged 9 and 5) in both Universal Parks. We are going first couple of weeks in April 07

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 07, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey! and Welcome to the Dibb!
Old 22 Jan 07, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I would suggest you book in for a night at one of the on-site hotels and then you will get a front of line pass for two days - more cost effective than buying the passes.
Old 23 Jan 07, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
The first week will be busy as its Easter, as said hotel stay gets u FOTL access use it as many times as u like, but that being said the hotel rates at this time are seriously silly with few discounts being offered, but still better than forking out $50 plus tax each for a 2 park 1 day pass
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 07, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in an Universal hotel for 1 night, was great and gave us FOTL access for 2 days, and was a better option than buying them at the gate.
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 07, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Defo, we always stay in the hotel for one night, therefore 2 days of park fun.

The express pass only allows you one go on each ride, whereas the FOTL pass is unlimted, me and my DD did mummy 12 times in a row, felt a bit ill after

If you have an AA card type in AAA in the discount box and see how much extra you will save at one of the Universal hotels
Old 23 Jan 07, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

hey there try reading this, another thread being talked about in Themeparks about the smae thing. http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=129111
Old 23 Jan 07, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JennieakaMary
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up Express Passes

Hi
Last time I went to Universal during Easter the queues were horrendous and I was really disappointed to find out you had to buy 'Fastpass' equivalents. So we did relatively few rides and only spend 1 day here... it left me feeling that we had not seen the Parks at their best...
Yesterday I looked at the Universal site and booked the 1 day / 2 park Express Passes...it costs different amounts on different days, the cheapest being $25 each, so with an itinerary change fitted this in on a 'cheap' day. I hope it makes our day easier and we get more rides in...I will let you know
Note: only a certain amount are sold each day, different days are diff prices and you need to scroll down the Universal site page to find the cheap days
JennieakaMary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 07, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
xmasinorlando
Excited about Disney

Express Pass :thumb:

We brought the express passes 2005 for Xmas eve & xmas day. They were brilliant. Supposed to only have 1 ride per ticket, but no one scanned them. Took one look at 7 sheets of flimsy A4 paper and ushered us through.
'Print at home' tickets' Went on all rides several times.

TIP - Put them inside a plastic wallet (eg CD sleeve)- Ours got soaked on the water rides.

Staying On Site for one night this year for 2 days FOTL ... Works out cheaper than buying 2 days of express tickets (2 ad 3 kids)

Karen
xmasinorlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 07, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

I would have thought that the tickets that are cheap $25 mean that they are not expecting that day to be very busy?. Anyone correct me if I am wrong?
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread