Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Why would you want to give stuff away by putting it into somebody's bag ?

I get the whole stitch somebody up with drugs thing, but then somebody would have to retrieve them at the other end, which immediately becomes a multinational operation, in which case why use a random passenger as your trafficker?
I think the poster was probably thinking more along the lines of a terrorist issue?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Disposable plastic poncho’s will be banned next to save the environment. Don’t think that paper ones will be as good though in the Florida downpours.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I think the poster was probably thinking more along the lines of a terrorist issue?
Fair enough, I was thinking around the theft issue.
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I find it really scary that, in this day and age, this is still able to happen. I mean if someone has time to select, open, search and remove items from a case and stash them somewhere before slipping out of the "secure" area what's to stop someone from putting something inside a case?
Unfortunately very true.
As the IRA said, they could be lucky once, security services have to be lucky every time...
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Sadly there are bad people everywhere.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I still remember a gorgeous pair of sparkly Dune shoes I wore to an Italian wedding. Few weeks later it dawned on me that I hadn't seen them when I unpacked. We departed from Rome. Spent a fair amount on them, so was a tad gutted. Next wedding, £6. from primark lol x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Mouse, sorry to read about your stolen items. I detest shopping with a passion so nowt valuable in our case, and whilst it's easy to say 'don't put anything of value in', if one's on a Fl mall spending spree they don't have much choice. I appreciate you had a TSA lock but as the video below shows, it's very easy to open/steal/close a locked case.

Unfortunately a locked suitcase doesn't deter thieving muppets. Stopped locking ours years ago (incl new case with built-in TSA lock), previously used zip ties, now use a keyring to hold zip tabs together.

Old 23 Jun 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow that’s awful!

Definitely worth reporting to the Insurance. I’d also contact the Police (just in case insurance want a crime reference number), and definitely the airport / airline.

They will have cameras behind the scenes in baggage areas, so should have no problem finding out who the thief is
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That’s dreadful. The fact that they’ve had time to rummage through bags! Without anyone seeing them do it? 🙄
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sieborg View Post
Disposable plastic poncho’s will be banned next to save the environment. Don’t think that paper ones will be as good though in the Florida downpours.
Ooh thats a point, better buy a couple when we there for if we can ever afford to go again after this year !