Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We're doing 4 days in Orlando and 12 days in California in March. We are budgeting carefully, but that is because its an "extra" holiday after we got cheap flights. I am trying to book as much as I can before we go though, as I'm not sure what the costs will be like once we get there.

I'd rather have spent the money on another trip to Africa, but hubby won't go, so US it is!
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I think most of us wouldn't holiday anywhere if we gave it to much thought. Price increases and a low pound against the dollar and euro.
I always plan a holiday around what I can afford that year, always diy whether USA or Europe. Factor food and drink into the overall cost. This year we are on the quick dining plan and have very little spends compared to other years when we have stayed in villas.
Think this will be our last Disney holiday for a long while due to ticket prices but not USA, we are planning a big west coast for 2022 for DDs 21st and will probably just do Europe until then.
I was reading another thread where someone said they had saved nearly £800 in 3 weeks using methods suggested on the thread, I don't earn much more than that a month after tax and I run a house and car and still save for holidays so for me I have to think of every penny I am spending but don't want to stop living 😉
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

As we have the free dining it wont bother us too much. As said it'll probably mean less shopping as it won't seem such a bargain, but we only go to the outlets once anyway - shopping isnt why we go so not a big deal.
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

For me, it is a consideration. I have an annual budget for each year for holidays and the fall of the pound means I’m getting a lot less for my money overall. Which means I would be going away less, if I spent the same as when the pound was strong. For that reason, I am being a lot more selective about what I add on as extras.

Everyone will see it differently. My holidays for myself and the children come solely from my wage as a single parent. There is no way, the added cost of everything cannot affect my choices. We will still have a good time though 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

No. We have only ever gone every 3/4 years and won't go if we have to watch the pennies. This is our last Florida trip. Getting older and have other places to see on our bucket list. Its a real blow out trip and have not held back.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It's interesting that some people will continue going as long as they 'can afford it,' whereas I can afford it, but don't think it's worth the increased cost to go every year. That isn't a criticism, more of an observation because what people do with their money is their choice.

Edited at 06:05 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Doesn't even cross my mind not to go to the USA. The poor dollar rate is no different to the poor Euro rate. Both are rubbish but as we pay everything in pounds I don't really pay much attention to anything, we will just take a little more spending money than we did on the last trip.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had a nice week in Tenerife back in April and visited the amazing Siam Park ( water park). Everything was so cheap compared to Orlando - £1 for kids drink £2 for Coke £4 for beer. £25 for meal for 4. Still prefer Orlando but to say the prices are similar to Europe is comical
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It is what is it . I can’t change the rate and whilst my best friends live there I can’t see us not going to often

I’ve been twice this year and I’m to go again shortly , but I don’t do many theme parks , this year I’ll have done 4 days in Disneyland and 1 universal Hollywood .
And there’s always hotels that are cheaper if we want to save a bit of money

I rarely shop there now though other than for baby clothes I’m not a outlet fan and I find the latest trainers etc are cheaper here .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We had a nice week in Tenerife back in April and visited the amazing Siam Park ( water park). Everything was so cheap compared to Orlando - £1 for kids drink £2 for Coke £4 for beer. £25 for meal for 4. Still prefer Orlando but to say the prices are similar to Europe is comical
I agree I’ve been to Tenerife a lot and it’s always far cheaper there

Eating out there in restaurants is far cheaper than America and dare I say often better quality

Edited at 05:04 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List