Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Elliott
I have Ears

Hi all.
My 13.15 flight on 8th was cancelled. We could rebook to 11.15 8th sept flight online but didn’t want to risk that being cancelled too, so have cancelled and moved to Norwegian (operated by hi fly) on 8th.

We wanted to keep our BA return but their system would only cancel the whole booking so BA have lost out.
Elliott is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mixed messages from the Customer service Reps on Twitter. Been reading posts, one woman had her flight cancelled and rebooked by BA, she asked about them covering hotel costs and they tweeted she would have to cover it herself! This is not what it says on the strike page!

A person also asked about her flight being highlighted in red and the BA Person tweeted 'If it's in red, it means it's probably cancelled' What!? How can they give that advise if they don't know for sure.

Like others, I've done dummy booking on my flight, we paid about £1000pp for economy, it's now about £3500pp. Crazy!
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

Got an email early this morning our return flight has been cancelled . 11th September from Tampa . Trying to sort out but no luck so far 😡. Good luck everyone
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
This is worrying me and we arent going until the end of November! I'm so sorry for all the people caught up in at the moment 😔
I had the same thought about cancelling it all with BA and going with somebody else, not sure if we would lose our deposit though and we cant really afford that
What is the probability November flights would be effected? I hadn’t even considered this
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Mobile

Has anyone been on hold and got through, if so how long. Been in hold now for 2 and a half hours
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
Has anyone been on hold and got through, if so how long. Been in hold now for 2 and a half hours
Just get cut off all the time
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ricky
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
How do you even manage to get in hold, I just get cut off immediately saying they are busy
ricky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Well just answered and the ***** have transfered me onto BA holidays as the nice 😈😈😈lady said that she was flight only. Another hour wait. She also said my flight on the 11 from MCO was still showing as comfirmed. I said I had an email to say it was canceled. She then said if that was the case I need to speak to holidays. Mad isn't the word 😡😡😡😡 mind you at least I am still on hold😱😱😱

Edited at 09:09 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tura2
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Mine our red too, but still showing ok haven’t been removed so think all good🤞& had email at midnight last night, just said go on manage my booking, we are fly drive with hotels too
I have had not had the email yet to say flight is cancelled but still in the red. Been getting mixed messages on line this morning. Some said that all flights around the strike have gone to red as there is a risk that they may be canceled. Aslo heard that if they are red it means that they are going to be cancelled. Cant get through to BA to confirm whats correct.
tura2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Marky mark
First POST

Hi, got back last night from a meal with the family, starting the holiday early! Watching the footy on playback and the wife shouts out that the flight backs been cancelled OMG! No sleep last night, on the phone with the number on the cancellation email from 6am, with no luck. Did anyone else get the email saying they had refunded the whole cost? Tried to re- book through the website and our hotels gone! Anyway tried the sales team and got through after about twenty minutes. They are keeping me on same flight going, but back a day later on the 11th September. They said I’d have to pay the hotel for the extra day and claim it back. This is the number, good luck everyone 03444930124.
Marky mark is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List