Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
On the flip side are Disney going to want the bad PR if they don't offer us something decent? Judging by the FB pages I go om a lot of Americans aren't happy with them and no company wants a bad reputation. Also a lot of people, myself included, are thinking of ditching Disney and going to Universal instead. Will Disney want their guests to go to their biggest competitor?

We are thinking the same. We are already supposed to be doing 5 nights at Universal after Disney stay, and am considering cutting down the 14 nights at disney and adding it onto universal stay. They just seem to be handling it better than Disney and think we would enjoy it more.

You watch...I will rearrange this holiday a thousand times. Nearly have a breakdown through stress, get to the airport and a sodding hurricane will hit 😂 I'm known in my family as a holiday disaster zone already 😂
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If the DDP is free. Why should you get a refund?

It’s not free then?
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
We are thinking the same. We are already supposed to be doing 5 nights at Universal after Disney stay, and am considering cutting down the 14 nights at disney and adding it onto universal stay. They just seem to be handling it better than Disney and think we would enjoy it more.

You watch...I will rearrange this holiday a thousand times. Nearly have a breakdown through stress, get to the airport and a sodding hurricane will hit 😂 I'm known in my family as a holiday disaster zone already 😂
This is exactly how I feel at the moment lol 😂 I’ve already changed our December trip twice and depending on what Disney announce it looks as though it may be changed again 😂😂 honestly feel like never booking a holiday again!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post

It’s not free then?
Because those of us who booked with free dining over a year ago won't have budgeted for food and Disney know this.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s not free then?
Those who booked with free dining agreed to book a package which included food. And now it suddenly doesn't, so the terms of the agreement have been broken. How would you feel if you had booked a free nights offer where you had paid for 10 nights and received 4 free nights, and then Disney suddenly decided you couldn't have the last 4 nights anymore without paying for them? You had booked 14, you should be getting 14 without paying extra, or they should offer you something which is acceptable to you instead of the 4 nights.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

We also wouldn't have paid rack rate for the room, not even close.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

It’s not free then?
I think what Kevins saying is when us “off siters” argue it’s not free dining as the the rooms are priced higher to compensate everybody defends this, now theyre taking it away suddenly it wasn’t free after all. That said, I do sympathise, we all budget accordingly. Got to say though I’m astounded by some of the room rates quoted on here that include “free” dining.

Hope you all get an update soon so you can decide what to do.

Edited at 03:13 PM.
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
The thing is, if Disney are really wanting to cut numbers in the theme parks, are they really going to offer a 'good' incentive for keeping a booking?
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
On the flip side are Disney going to want the bad PR if they don't offer us something decent?
I can see Disney offering something so as to show they are at least providing something to make up for the loss of free dining, but it probably won't be amazing.

Perhaps they should offer something similar to the "free nights" offer (which, on average, works out around 25% off the room rate)? Or just offer the same 35% as mentioned elsewhere? I don't see why they would offer anything more than 35% off the room rate.

Some people wil be hapy with that, some people won't. Those that aren't happy can get a full refund instead. That helps to reduce the number of people onsite and at the parks, which they will have to do.

And, let's face it, people are generally going to be unhappy no matter what. Either they have to cancel their holiday or they get restricted access and less benefits than previously. Whichever way you look at it people will be worse off.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
I think what Kevins saying is when us “off siters” argue it’s not free dining as the the rooms are priced higher to compensate everybody defends this, now theyre taking it away suddenly it wasn’t free after all. That said, I do sympathise, we all budget accordingly. Got to say though I’m astounded by some of the room rates quoted on here that include “free” dining.

I'm confident that many of the "on siters" with some experience are well aware that the rates are inflated, especially for 2021. The fact that there's an offer on more often than not is a good indicator of this. 2021 is obviously the exception up until now, but even then there are plenty of us who haven't booked or will not be booking for 2021 without an offer, precisely because the rates are (over)inflated.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post

Exactimundo. Don’t be posting you have free dining and how great it is, then in the next breath complaining you want 35/% discount.

I would have just cancelled all bookings and gave everyone a chance to rebook at the same rate or go somewhere else !

If Disney can give afford to give you 35% back, they’ll still be making money. Think of their mark up originally on your free dinning..

Edited at 03:39 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List