Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 12, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
michella
Helping Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
What is March like?

Hi All,

We are thinking of going early March next year (before Easter) and i wondered if anyone could tell me what it is like that time of year weather, crowd levels etc?

Thank you

Michelle
michella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have been in March and had good weather, dry, sunny, warm and not humid. It depends on when you are going in March as to crowd level. Spring break is the earlier part of March and then if Easter is early that will also make a difference. Have been both during Spring Break and when Easter fell at the end of March and it was definitely busier than normal.

We stayed on site at Easter and our boys were able to take part in the Easter egg hunt which Disney had laid on for children. It was the first time they had been on an 'egg hunt' and had a great time. Some of the characters were also at our hotel to sign Easter autographs.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I've been more times than I would care to admit over 24 years and like March for the weather but with Valentine's, Presidents' Day (end Feb) and Spring Break right up to Easter, you can not expect low crowds.

In my experience, the low times in first half of the year are Jan and early Feb (unpredictable weather though) and then again a couple of weeks after Easter (usually May but I know Easter is early next year).
Old 27 Feb 12, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
michella
Helping Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you for the reply, i am slightly worried about the crowds, i dont do well with queuing

I know that Easter 2013 isnt until March 29th in 2013 and we are thinking of going as early in March as we can.

Does anyone know how we find out when Spring Break is so we can avoid that?

Thanks
Michelle
michella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Spring break is at different times in different areas - at least I think that's the way it is
Old 27 Feb 12, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
michella
Helping Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh...so cant really avoid it then?
We can only go the first half of next year and we have been in January before crowd levels were perfect but it was so cold that we couldn’t lay by the pool or enjoy the water parks, we have been in May the weather was lovely but it was quite busy some days and in fact there were a couple of days when we left the parks and went to the hotel because it was too busy and i couldn’t sunbathe because i am really scared of bugs and kept getting attacked by the dreaded Love Bugs
Back to the drawing board i think.

Thanks All
Old 27 Feb 12, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
I know the dilemma

We were there from 24th Jan to 7th Feb this year and the weather (and crowd levels) was perfect (mid 70s to low 80s), but I know we were lucky because the week after the temps plummeted and I've also been there when the fountains were frozen (really!). I'll be there again with my family at the end of April early May so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Despite experienced a hurricane (Frances) in September 2004, the worst ever weather by far was end May/early June about 6 years ago. It was hot sure enough, but apart from the first day, it chucked it down every day and was overcast to boot. And I'm not just talking about the "lasts and hour and then it's fine again" that people will tell you about. It was dreadful.

Good luck whatever you decide

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Pootle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by michella View Post
Thank you for the reply, i am slightly worried about the crowds, i dont do well with queuing

I know that Easter 2013 isnt until March 29th in 2013 and we are thinking of going as early in March as we can.

Does anyone know how we find out when Spring Break is so we can avoid that?

Thanks
Michelle
As a guide University of North Carolina is Mon 4th to Sat 9th March and University of Miami is Mon 11th March to Sat 16th so it looks like next year quite a lot of March could be busy.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Unfortunately it's not possible to avoid Spring Break crowds if you're going in March. Schools/universities in different states take their spring break at different times, so you can't really avoid it.

The beach resorts are busy with teenagers on Spring Break and the parks will have a lot of families on Spring Break.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 12, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Could you go mid April?
Once Easter is done, the crowd levels really drop so from early April, the crowds will be lower and the weather will be a bit more predictable.

Early Spring Break isn't too bad though. It's when Easter hits that the crowds really increase.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread