Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 12, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Am I overreacting?

My brother is going to Florida with his friend and their parents this summer. He has texted last night to say the flight will land back in the UK on the 13th of July! I'm annoyed as I am getting married the next day, he is suppose to be giving me away! He will be 18 by the time comes so not my mum or I can actually stop him going (well mum could just not pay for him to go). Do you think I'm being unreasonable to expect him to not go? Y point to him was Florida will be there for years to come, I will only be getting married once and want him to give me away! He's always said he would since our dad passed away! I know it's the day before but the flight lands at 9am on the 13th I'm already going to be stressed dropping off stuff at the venue and want my mum to be there to help me (my venue is uite far from home) she wouldn't be able to help as she'd have to pick him up from the airport so I'll be left doing everything myself. Other problems I've pointed out are that he may be delayed, he'll be jet lagged ad he's grumpy when he's tired! He won't be able to go to bed on the 13th as we're staying near the venue the night before and then up early on the day for hair and make up!

I don't want to sound like the big bad sister but it logically doesn't work!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post

I personally think you can make it work - it is the day before. I wouldn't worry about sleep he is 18. Is there anyway his friends parents can bring him home so u have your mum.
Try not to let it spoil your big day - I think u will find it impacts very little. He will be back the day before and will give you away and everything will be fab for u - my opinion!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
alanda
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dramamama69 View Post
I personally think you can make it work - it is the day before. I wouldn't worry about sleep he is 18. Is there anyway his friends parents can bring him home so u have your mum.
Try not to let it spoil your big day - I think u will find it impacts very little. He will be back the day before and will give you away and everything will be fab for u - my opinion!
Agree, don't let it stress you out - relax and don't panic :-)
Cypress Pointe Resort 2011
Southern Dunes 2019
alanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I quickly learnt when planning my wedding that nobody else really gave a darn and that the most important day of my life was not even a blimp in theirs! Try not to stress, he'll be there!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

I think things will be just fine

It is very stressful for you, but try not to worry about this - your brother will be there & all will be well
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

I can understand why you are concerned, but I doubt he would understand why he shouldn't go on holiday when he is getting back the day before the wedding. It may be the last time your mum is prepared to pay for him (if he is turning 18), so he may feel that this is his last chance for a long while.

Do you have a bridesmaid or good friend you could ask to help you with the other tasks you had planned for the day before? I think I collected my dress the day before, but can't remember what else I had to do. My mother didn't drive, so I had to do everything myself or ask my bridesmaid if I wanted company; it wasn't a problem (honest! ).

Whatever happens, I hope you have a fabulous day.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I dont think any 18 year old will want to give up a holiday-also i am sure he will be fine to give you away-he is 18-they dont sleep.

Ithink if you are not careful you will let this spoil your day-just try to relax and enjoy the build up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't stress about him coming home so late, but if your mum has already agreed to help you the day before maybe he should understand that it's his responsibility to get himself home from the airport no matter at what cost.
Old 29 Feb 12, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I quickly learnt when planning my wedding that nobody else really gave a darn and that the most important day of my life was not even a blimp in theirs! Try not to stress, he'll be there!
Pretty much this - as harsh as it sounds - I quickly learned that when planning my wedding 3 years ago!

Always have a back up plan in case - could your mum walk you down the aisle instead? Draft in lots of people to help with the other things as well.

Wedding planning is stressful enough as it is, and thinks out of your control - like this - are not worth the stress - believe me! He's 18 - a young kid (crap, I sound old), your wedding date would have been the last thing on his mind!
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 08:48 AM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

He should be back fine with over 24 hours to spare, tbh you are being a bit unrealistic to expect him to give up his holiday with his mate... and florida too... if you were him would you give it up?
I am sure your day will be just great, relax and don't worry... xx

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread