Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 17 Apr 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

U.K. travel insurance

Does anyone know of an insurance company that covers overnight trips in the U.K.?
We’re staying at the West Midlands Safari park lodges, it’s quite expensive and I’m frightened we may catch Covid and not be able to go, but I don’t know of any companies that will cover one night stays, any ideas?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Compare the market offer 1 night UK policies. Not sure of cost but a lot of people get very cheap 1 day policies to qualify for Meerkat Movies and meals.

When I done a dummy quote the minimum cancellation cover they offer is £750 but you can up that to £7,500+

They then give quotes and you complete the transaction with an insurance company, this is when you will need to check the excess and whether covid is covered etc.

Edited at 05:31 PM.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Compare the market offer 1 night UK policies. Not sure of cost but a lot of people get very cheap 1 day policies to qualify for Meerkat Movies and films.

When I done a dummy quote the minimum cancellation cover they offer is £750 but you can up that to £7,500+

They then give quotes and you complete the transaction with an insurance company, this is when you will need to check the excess and whether covid is covered etc.
Thank you so much, I never thought to check the comparison sites! I’ve got what I need for £5.81, pretty much everything else we have booked is on a cancellation basis but they didn’t offer this, plus we’ve got a concert the week before and I was getting nervous we might get Covid and loose our money, btw how do I get my meerkat movies? X
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

From the compare the market home page scroll down a bit to the bit that says Meerkat movies and meals, just below the big blue banner, click there, log in and follow the instructions.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
From the compare the market home page scroll down a bit to the bit that says Meerkat movies and meals, just below the big blue banner, click there, log in and follow the instructions.
Oh dear, I’ve just bought the policy without following the correct steps or creating an account! guess I’ve missed out on the movies 😱😱😱
Old 19 Apr 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Oh dear, I’ve just bought the policy without following the correct steps or creating an account! guess I’ve missed out on the movies 😱😱😱

Maybe, if you wanted to you could still create an account with Compare the market then add the name of the insurance company on the claim page and it should still work. You dont need a policy number or anything. They are very trusting, I know people who have just got a quote, not bought any insurance and still qualified for the meals and movies

I guess they are happy to have your details for future insurance related e mail contact.
Old 28 Apr 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

probably more to help others reading, the nationwide plus account insurance covers uk holidays.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List