Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Mar 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What time was your flight due to leave, I know this is going to be such a long day for you as it was such a long day for us!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the stay at Sapphire, it's definitely one we could consider and the views looks lovely. I love how relaxing and chilled the final day was for you ... well until the flight obviously.

Oh that necklace is stunning, so beautiful.

WOW! How much for a caesar salad?!

I cannot believe they wouldn't let you disembark first, they let those with connecting flights do so on ours! Oh Wendy what an absolute chew of a day. It's definitely not what you want after a long travel day and that must have been really scary with your blood sugars too!

I'm totally with you on the BA customer service, it's an absolute shambles, we are also in the process of writing a complaint email to them, although I am not hopeful anything will come from it at all. It was our first time using BA and we definitely won't be looking to use them again soon.

So sorry you all got covid too, but the plus side is at least it was after the holiday! We arrived back last Sunday, Noah tested positive on Thursday and Chris tested positive today almost certain Noah caught it from the plane/train.

I hope you're all ok now and adjusting back to life again x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I read through and thought what a great last day you had and how relaxing it was back at the resort waiting for your transport

What a nightmare end to your journey!

I've stood outside Edinburgh Waverley in the snow waiting for a taxi a few times

Thank you for writing this I've enjoyed reading it so much
Old 1 Apr 22, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Aww what a rubbish end to your fabulous holiday.

I hope you’re all feeling much better now though!
It took a couple of weeks to feel back to normal, I felt worse after the covid, all good now though.

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Sorry about the return trip but the rest of the day sounded fab!
We’d had a lovely time up to landing in Heathrow 😂

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The touring plans app has been worth it this trip. Fun on Men in Black and you even managed to all be in the same car through the single rider line. A lovely last day, just a bit of a pain with the flights. I bet it felt cold in the snow when you got home. Also, a shame you ended up testing positive for COVID.
Touring plans was great. Have you got it for your trip, I’d absolutely recommend it.

Probably wasn’t shocked to come back with covid, it was rife again at school after the holidays so might well have ended up with it anyway.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
What time was your flight due to leave, I know this is going to be such a long day for you as it was such a long day for us!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the stay at Sapphire, it's definitely one we could consider and the views looks lovely. I love how relaxing and chilled the final day was for you ... well until the flight obviously.

Oh that necklace is stunning, so beautiful.

WOW! How much for a caesar salad?!

I cannot believe they wouldn't let you disembark first, they let those with connecting flights do so on ours! Oh Wendy what an absolute chew of a day. It's definitely not what you want after a long travel day and that must have been really scary with your blood sugars too!

I'm totally with you on the BA customer service, it's an absolute shambles, we are also in the process of writing a complaint email to them, although I am not hopeful anything will come from it at all. It was our first time using BA and we definitely won't be looking to use them again soon.

So sorry you all got covid too, but the plus side is at least it was after the holiday! We arrived back last Sunday, Noah tested positive on Thursday and Chris tested positive today almost certain Noah caught it from the plane/train.

I hope you're all ok now and adjusting back to life again x
I think the flight was due to leave around 6 or 7. It ended up as a full 24 hr travel time. Still not heard back from BA about paying our expenses 😡. Did you end up submitting a complaint?

How are you all now? Over the covid?

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
I read through and thought what a great last day you had and how relaxing it was back at the resort waiting for your transport

What a nightmare end to your journey!

I've stood outside Edinburgh Waverley in the snow waiting for a taxi a few times

Thank you for writing this I've enjoyed reading it so much
Thanks so much for reading and commenting.

For some reason outside Waverley always seems to be freezing if you are waiting on a taxi even in the summer 😂
Old 3 Apr 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You made such good use of your last day , it’s easy for it to be a nothing kind of day
What a nightmare of a return journey , I had followed on your other post
I hope that you have a better experience on your next trip
Thanks a million for posting and it’s been really great to see different food options, hopefully you are all fully recovered from covid 🙏🏻
Take care and looking forward to your next report
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
You made such good use of your last day , it’s easy for it to be a nothing kind of day
What a nightmare of a return journey , I had followed on your other post
I hope that you have a better experience on your next trip
Thanks a million for posting and it’s been really great to see different food options, hopefully you are all fully recovered from covid 🙏🏻
Take care and looking forward to your next report
Emma x
Thanks Emma. Our day was lovely till the uK. I’m a bit concerned that our next trip is with BA via Heathrow flying out on a weekend as they seem to have been plagued with issues but I can’t see we can do anything about it now.

Thanks for reading and commenting. The food went way better than I expected and really looking forward to trying more low carb things on our next trip.

We are all back to normal thanks.

Are you all booked for next year?
Old 21 Apr 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

I’ve so enjoyed reading your report, thanks for sharing it!
Sorry you had such a bad time returning and Covid too. I hope your next trip is less eventful!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Had a bad experience with BA many years ago and very wary of indirect with them. We are booked for Christmas with a flight to Manchester on return but now DD lives in central London we would be ok if the connection went awol. Sorry the end of your trip was a hard day
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
I’ve so enjoyed reading your report, thanks for sharing it!
Sorry you had such a bad time returning and Covid too. I hope your next trip is less eventful!
Thanks for reading. I’m hopeful for a smoother end to the next trip.

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Had a bad experience with BA many years ago and very wary of indirect with them. We are booked for Christmas with a flight to Manchester on return but now DD lives in central London we would be ok if the connection went awol. Sorry the end of your trip was a hard day
Yep, definitely a once bitten thing…
Hope you don’t encounter any issues on your Christmas trip.
Old 19 Jun 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Just to update.

Today we got confirmation from BA that they will pay our expenses claim.

They refused our compensation request saying the delay was due to an ill staff member which resulted in the lhr - mco flight being late. Just drafting an email to query this.