Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 28 Apr 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princessb13
Proud to wear my Ears

Accessible room

Does anyone know how to book one please. I'm staying at pop century in 3 weeks time and just spoke to a cast member on the chat to request an accessible room with a walk in shower for my mother in law only to be told I should of booked one, when I booked through attraction tickets this wasn't an option I just presumed it was something you asked for closer to the time. Anyway to contact pop direct?
Princessb13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi

On the WDW website itself there is an option to book an accessible room

Not sure about booking with ATD though.

Can you not contact ATD and ask them if you can change it? Also it will depend on if Pop have any accessible rooms left.
Hope you get something sorted.
Old 29 Apr 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You have to book it when making the initial booking but as Michelle says phone ATD and get them to check the availability

Be aware though they have different levels of assessable room categories

Some just have grab handles so for a walk in shower you have to ask for a fully assessable room with roll in shower

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

You need to be very careful with the room descriptions as mentioned above. We once confirmed a wheelchair accessible room at Port Orleans Riverside as my daughter was totally reliant on a wheelchair then. We had booked direct on the phone with Disney. When we arrived it was up a flight of stairs with no lift and was actually a room adapted for people with hearing problems! They did manage to move us to a ground floor room but it was a standard one. Most wheelchairs will fit in any hotel door in the US at least. Luckily my daughter could transfer even though she couldn't walk.

OP, you need to ring the hotel direct at this point I believe as it definitely should have been booked as a seperate category. They will probably struggle to find you a fully accessible room though. Luckily the bath tubs tend to have very low sides compared to the UK. They should be able to bring you a shower chair if that helps her. I haven't stayed at Pop so don't know their actual set up. I hope you can sort something out before you go.
Old 30 Apr 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princessb13
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. I can't find a number for pop just a generic disney one and the wait time is over 1 hour wait, I've spoken to atd who said they would see what they can do and email me back sometime this week, she isn't in a wheel chair and all the rooms have lifts so that isn't an issue she is just very unstable climing in the bath/shower although looking at pictures the baths don't look like our high ones so fingers crossed she will be able to manage it x
Princessb13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princessb13 View Post
Thank you. I can't find a number for pop just a generic disney one and the wait time is over 1 hour wait, I've spoken to atd who said they would see what they can do and email me back sometime this week, she isn't in a wheel chair and all the rooms have lifts so that isn't an issue she is just very unstable climing in the bath/shower although looking at pictures the baths don't look like our high ones so fingers crossed she will be able to manage it x
She should be fine then as the tubs here really are very low. I just checked our standard US one and it is only about 14 inches high. The floor of the tub isn't raised either. Even I used to find our UK one hard to climb up into. I would think you are pretty unlikely to get an accessible room now especially as she doesn't need wheelchair access or the extra space in the bathroom.

Just ask housekeeping for a shower stool when you get there if you think it will help.