Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 May 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Which is your favourite Deluxe and why

Also
What are the main differences between moderate and deluxe.
Thanks
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Better theming, better restaurants table service and signature better gyms better pools, but Coronado springs as a moderate is just as good as it is Disneys convention centre resort so caters for the business person has all the above much cheaper but big 😊
Old 17 May 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Yvemc
Excited about Disney

So many people say BC or YC because of the pool and location (which is amazing!) but my heart belongs to AKL! I love the theming and the feel of it and just everything about the hotel. Trying the Boardwalk this time for the first year so it will be interesting to see what that's like compared to the other two.
WDW Hilton DTD 2001, Wyndham Palace DTD 2004, Sheraton Safari 2006, BC 2009, AKL 2012, BC 2014, AKL 2016, Portofino Bay & Boardwalk 2022, it was worth the wait! Ok I said not until 2025 yet here we go again! 2024 Universal RPR & Drurys Disney Springs!
Yvemc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It was always Boardwalk as that is lovely atmosphere and I prefer it to Beach Club.
However a few things grated on me last stay, namely the lack of quick services that are decent around Crescent Lake. Very nice resorts though, especially to walk to the parks.
Given the parks are now not very desirable for us given all the changes, and post refurb, Saratoga has surprisingly become our favourite resort. As stated it has its downside in that you cannot walk to a park and must get the bus, but we found the buses OK last trip and we always have a car anyway. The big upside is the lovely rooms and large spacious grounds and serene atmosphere and boating or walking to Disney Springs every evening, decent quick serve, great gym and some of the best pools on property. Contrary to what a lot of people think, it also feels fantastically themed to me. I feel we are already transitioning away from park centric trips and would happily spend a few weeks chilling at SSR.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have stayed at wl,alk and okw. I would rank in order wl, okw and akl, we loved everything about wl location hotel and transportation. Okw is where we are going for our 4th time this Christmas a lovely relaxing resort the 1 bedroom is massive and it’s transport to Disney springs is great and only a short hop to Epcot and Hollywood studios, longer though to magic Kingdom and animal kingdom. Now akl we had a savanna room and that is great for 2 days but soon it becomes the normal, the hotel is very dark and boma is some of the worst food in Disney, then there is the transport it’s brilliant to animal kingdom but absolutely horrendous to the other parks and Disney springs. The thing is this is a personal opinion and others will have totally different opinions to mine.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

If you are a serious swimmer my DH would recommend the pools at Port Orleans Riverside. I must admit when we stayed at the Beach Club a good few years ago we only went to the pool towards the rear of the property and not the more popular Storm-along Bay. Now we own at Boardwalk we tend to go to the quiet pool by the Community Centre.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have stayed in Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn out of the deluxe hotels My most recent trip was Contemporary for a repeat visit and Boardwalk for the first time.

In the past, the proximity to Magic Kingdom was a big factor for me, I preferred the Contemporary to the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge didn’t work for us at all. So my favourite was a toss up between Contemporary and Yacht Club.

I think after the recent trip, I really noticed the much more chilled out vibe around the Boardwalk Inn versus the Contemporary and decided that this area and the more peaceful hotel suits me better as a single adult / adult couple. But I think the Yacht Club just about pips the Boardwalk Inn but it is close.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk is my favourite, I’ve never stayed there but I would love to - it’s my dream resort. The Wilderness Lodge is a close second, we went spent a long time just walking around the resort grounds there and the lobby is amazing 😊
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Wilderness Lodge - Nature

Disney332
Old 18 May 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle99
VIP Dibber

Stayed in all the deluxe hotels and Beach Club is our favourite. Location just can’t be beaten. Boardwalk is fab too - but Beach Club just pips it because of the pool with children. We are going back to the Poly next year 🤞 too as we will have our very young grandchildren with us. So again location /theming is the winner for us there.
Belle99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List