Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I also like the area as we walk to the parks. Don’t bother with shuttle bus.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
Been staying there every year for around 10 years...

We drive - 2 hours to Dover, ferry crossing, 3 hours to Disney.
Hi, would you mind me asking your experience? I'd the dream castle booked when it's closed, but might go late August. I'm thinking I'll get the money back from credit card instead of taking a voucher.

I'd consider Adagio, especially as if it can be cancelled.

What is the parking situation? Height restricted? I'd be driving, with a roof box. Is it €10 a day or every time you take your car out of it? We'll probably use the car for the park as opposed to shuttle with small children.

Is it okay to spend time in? I get that it won't be the most up market/ modern place in the world, but seems like it will do.

Is the general area nice? I'm thinking for an evening stroll with the family.

I'm liking the idea of sorting our own breakfast, as sometimes easier with small children.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Veniza View Post
Hi, would you mind me asking your experience? I'd the dream castle booked when it's closed, but might go late August. I'm thinking I'll get the money back from credit card instead of taking a voucher.

I'd consider Adagio, especially as if it can be cancelled.

What is the parking situation? Height restricted? I'd be driving, with a roof box. Is it €10 a day or every time you take your car out of it? We'll probably use the car for the park as opposed to shuttle with small children.

Is it okay to spend time in? I get that it won't be the most up market/ modern place in the world, but seems like it will do.

Is the general area nice? I'm thinking for an evening stroll with the family.

I'm liking the idea of sorting our own breakfast, as sometimes easier with small children.
You're right, about parking - there is a car park in the centre of the hotel, partly ground level, partly underground. I think the charges are per day, rather than per visit. However, we've never used it, we've always parked in the street around the hotel. There are restrictions at the front (can only park overnight), but we've never been stuck for a space.

We drive to the park, we get free parking with an annual pass. It allows us to be flexible, just going in for the morning, coming out to chill, then going in later in the day. Depending on how many days you're spending in the park, it may be worth getting APs - to get early entry, or just buy one for the free parking.
Sometimes we spend time in the hotel, either chilling or keeping away from the rain. The sofas and beds are comfortable to lounge on. We spend our time reading or playing games. The TV is rubbish. The pool is cold!

Kitchen facilities comprise of a 4 ring electric hob, microwave oven, fridge with icebox, dishwasher and sink. We always have breakfast before we go out. If we plan to be in the park at lunchtime we'll take sandwiches. We take a couple of frozen chillis with us, they act as cool blocks for milk, cheese, sandwich meat etc. while we're travelling down to Disney. As our food runs out, we'll buy burgers, sausages etc and have them in the evening.

The area around the hotel is fine. There is a large shopping centre 5 minutes walk away, as well as local shops, bars and eating places. There is parkland also near the hotel. You can walk to Disney village - about 20 minutes, but walking back can be a trudge if you're exhausted.

There is a train station at the opposite end of the shopping centre with direct links to Paris, although it does take a while.

Hope thats useful.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
... Depending on how many days you're spending in the park, it may be worth getting APs - to get early entry, or just buy one for the free parking.

Hope thats useful.
Thanks, very useful, though I think the lack of aircon will put me off.

I have an AP, very useful for the parking. And now big thunder mountain and the studios park are open during extra magic hours I find it worthwhile upgrading to the magic plus.

We do the same as you with two years on one set of passes. Normally camp about 30 minutes from the car park at 4vents, as part of larger holiday. Figured this year we do Disney first, go the hotel route for the aircon and more relaxed days in the park before the rest of our holiday.

I'll remember it for the future when the children are older though, sounds perfect for visiting the parks.
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We never found a campsite, so gave up looking a long time ago. What's the one you use?
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Camping 4vents. caravaning-4vents/pit...seine-et-marne

It's basic, pool is freezing, but I'm never really at the campsite as we'd spend most of the day in the parks.

The drive is okay, a few too many roundabouts that can creep up on you in the dark until you get used to the driving and lack of street lights, but it's fine.

Pitches are huge. Facilities are clean.

We tried jablines last year camping-jablines/cam...nce-paris.html

I would not recommend it. Not much closer to the parks, tiny pitches that are crammed in around each other. Actually tried to book 4vents after arriving at it and would have moved, but they were full as it was mid August.
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Sorry for delay replying. ..have been at work all day 🙄
So glad your booking is now confirmed.. what a relief!
No not booked where we are staying yet. Might book adagio or theres plenty if air B and Bs around that area. I'll let you know I've booked.

Can you come back on here and let us know your experience of the parks with all the measures so we know what to expect. We have vouchers to exchange at the self service booths on the morning before we go into the park. I’m not sure how the queueing will work etc. I’ve been told by Disney that will be fine etc I’m just worrying something will go wrong. I’m keeping my eye on the EasyJet flights to see what they are cancelling etc. If they cancel I will be quick and book the paris Eurostar and get the underground. Done it before and it was fine and much cheaper. Hoping my flights go ahead though and we have no restrictions etc . Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Can you come back on here and let us know your experience of the parks with all the measures so we know what to expect. We have vouchers to exchange at the self service booths on the morning before we go into the park. I’m not sure how the queueing will work etc. I’ve been told by Disney that will be fine etc I’m just worrying something will go wrong. I’m keeping my eye on the EasyJet flights to see what they are cancelling etc. If they cancel I will be quick and book the paris Eurostar and get the underground. Done it before and it was fine and much cheaper. Hoping my flights go ahead though and we have no restrictions etc . Thanks
Still not 100% sure we are going... just waiting to see if the voluntary quarantine on arrival in france is lifted first. I dont know what the implications would be if it was still in place and we went... and ignored it! Not something I'm happy to do tbh. So fingers crossed for a reciprocal agreement to be announced 🤞🤞🤞
If I do go I'll do a trip report on my experience.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m hoping it’s all lifted by the end of the week! I really want to go know even though at first the thought of masks was a big no go! I have come round to the idea. Please keep us updated on your decisions! Thanks
Old 7 Jul 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’m hoping it’s all lifted by the end of the week! I really want to go know even though at first the thought of masks was a big no go! I have come round to the idea. Please keep us updated on your decisions! Thanks
The masks dont really bother me.. I'm used to it as a nurse 😷 I just need some disney magic no matter how small.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List