Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jun 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Gambling on a booking...Is this too risky? Update

Has anyone put a deposit down on a different hotel in order to secure a booking with free DDP and managed to change it at a later date... This feels like my only option but a bit risky. Any opinions and advice welcome... I have to admit I'm not much of a gambler but at worse would only loose £100 deposit if it doesn't work out... Also want to wait out for cheaper flights... Warn me if any of this is a really bad idea.
Thanks in advance

Edited at 01:46 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

If it is through Disney direct, t is quite low risk as they are quite reasonable regarding changes to bookings?
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
If it is through Disney direct, t is quite low risk as they are quite reasonable regarding changes to bookings?
As long as there's availability - that seems to be a bit of a problem for next year.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive done it. If OKW or SSR comes up, Im changing. I have no concerns whatsoever.
mitch-fishguard is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
I was looking at ATD who book through Disney but are cheaper for some reason... I am more concerned they won't change resort if there is availability by saying the room is available but not with the dining plan offer e.g. that they have a fixed amount of rooms at each resort for the dining plan offer and once they are allocated they won't let me swap even if there is availability of a room... If that makes any sense

P.S thanks for the quick response
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Ive done it. If OKW or SSR comes up, Im changing. I have no concerns whatsoever.
My problem is I want POR or CBR a cheaper moderate so would have to fix either a much more expensive option...or a value hotel with free breakfast but not sure if I changed this to moderate if I would be eligible for free dining when the offer goes off?.. Either way I would not want either holiday so would just loose £100 and maybe have a broken Disney heart lol... I am so confused... The free DDP is the only reason I am considering this a all.
Thanks
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

I think youll be OK. I was told by Disney that if you change "up" they will waver the fee. I booked CSR King for 8 nights, sept 16 2019, paid the upgrade for Dining Plan and got my $200 gift card. No matter what resort I change to, those components remain. If ,like me, youre a born optimist and gambler, just pick a resort that youd be happy to end up in if you cant change. I must stress though, that the only stumbling block is availability. You are completely entitled to change resorts and keep your dining plans if there is said availability.
mitch-fishguard is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mind you, I booked Disney direct. Its a must for me
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Thanks for your advice ATD offer free unlimited changes which doesn't make me too concerned about any changes... I can book a resort I want but for 4 people if I change a resort at a later date and add a person to the room / booking do you know if they would get free dining plan? It is so annoying having a group of five it is either very specific rooms or two rooms which is double the cost.
Old 29 Jun 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

If you do book I usually book direct with Disney and if you use Quidco this would cover your deposit as they usually pay out about 8 weeks after booking via quidco.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List