Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Flight via Atlanta

We are coming back to Manchester via Atlanta. Can anyone tell me the process at MCO such as where we check in and do our bags go all the way to Manchester without us picking them up.
Thanks
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Yes once checked in at MCO you won’t have to worry about your bags until you land back in the UK.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Yes, your luggage will be checked at MCO and you won't handle it again until Man. Good point re who you check in with as the MCO to Atl I'm assuming is Delta, so I'd head to the Delta desk but as your travelling from MCO (we fly from RSW) I'm sure another Dibber who has done the VA/Delta alliance will advice.

Edited at 03:05 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have done this route a few times now and we checked in at the Delta desks at MCO and then used the underground train at Atlanta to travel between the terminals/gates.
Last time we even had time to grab a meal in Carrabbas at one of the other terminals before our flight home. I found that there wasn’t very many places to grab something to eat or drink that Virgin fly out of.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thank you Michelle
Old 15 Jul 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

How long is your layover in Atlanta? We did this route last year and loved Atlanta airport. We were given a free drinks voucher for the delta plane - we were just nice to the check in agent. We didn't use them so we gifted them to someone on the flight who is a frequent flyer; he was super grateful.
The only negative was getting onto the delta plane wasn't great; it was a bit of a scrum and they announced all wheeled cases would need checking in as they were so full. Luckily we managed to get ours on, but it was definitely an "everyman man for himself" situation. Only letting you know so you are prepared for it - I wish we had been as it wouldn't have felt as stressful.
We had ages in Atlanta and had a TGIs before walking to the far terminal. If you've got the time - and inclination - it was a long but interesting walk. Most of the tunnels linking the terminals were decorated in a funky way. One with lights, one on Atlanta history, one displayed art from local school children, for example. We enjoyed it. Definitely a route we'd do again.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for your responses, feel much better and less stressed. We have a 3hr layover which should be ample time.
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are doing this route home too next month, so very helpful info, thanks.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If you are looking for somewhere to eat or even grab a coffee the link below gives you details of what is available at each concourse

atlanta.eater/2014/11/20...-international

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

We are coming back via Atlanta (from MCO). Apparently we have a whole 45 minutes to make the connection. I am making sure I've got my fastest trainers on !