Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jul 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

30 day window opens tomorrow - 2 questions...

After reading as much as I can on FPs, I feel happy I know what I'm doing to book them tomorrow.

Q1 - I know that FOP is the one that is hard to get but am wondering for the rest of them...is it necessary to be online at 12noon tomorrow to start booking them all or can I do it later on or in next day or two? It's just hearing others talk about being ready at the exact moment their window opens has made me a bit panicky!

Q2 - Does the Fastpass system get updated at "regular" intervals - eg. every 2hrs at say, 2.15, 4.15, 6.15 etc or is it just randomly updated? (not sure if anyone will know this - but thought I'd ask!) Just wondered if there was a good time to log in and check for FOP or whether it was a case of just constantly updating the Fastpass page as often as I can!

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fourdoors
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I would try at 12. If you don't get it book NRJ then keep checking everyday if you can modify to FOP.

If you don't get it you could rope drop it on a non EMH day and be off by 9 30. You basically queue to get in the park instead of the ride but then have the advantage of quieter rides elsewhere.
Fourdoors is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I was kind of expecting to have to check every day for hours on end to get FOP so I'm geared up for that already. Will it make that much difference being there at 12noon tomorrow ready to go? Am willing to do it if anyone thinks I can get FOP FPs by doing that.

But for the other rides, will it make that much difference if I leave till later on or another day or so?
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
anniewomble
Helping Minnie

Depends how big your party is and whether you want early or late FPs. I think personally I’d try and log on at 12 to get the most choice whatever your circumstances are. FOP, Slinky Dog and 7DMT will be the hardest to get for sure! Good luck
anniewomble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anniewomble View Post
Depends how big your party is and whether you want early or late FPs. I think personally I’d try and log on at 12 to get the most choice whatever your circumstances are. FOP, Slinky Dog and 7DMT will be the hardest to get for sure! Good luck
There are 5 of us. 2 adults, 3 teens so we won't be doing the kids rides!
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Your best bet will be to keep checking regularly for FOP, I just checked and currently from mid august until 16th sept there are no fast pass available for FOP (except one slot on 7th sept)

Disney often extend opening hours which results in additional fast pass being released or people cancelling closer to the time.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marsh33 View Post
But for the other rides, will it make that much difference if I leave till later on or another day or so?
A lot of people will be on at 12 on the dot. If you wait it will likely reduce the times available to you. And pretty much all the rides seem to fill up fp from the morning onwards. So the longer you leave it the later in the day the available fp will be.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We found at 30 days out not having a strict plan is the best plan yes havevwellwec like to go to on but if FP choice was better for a different day at an other park that's what we went with and when out checked every day at release time for availability we managed FOP TSM SDMT etc twice by a lot of faffing I admit and Fop and Navi extra when we just happened to be walking past when they came back up,after going etc the key as you use one FP check and recheck what's just come available as you are in the que often that's what at 30 days out gives you the best options as checking late on the night before
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tips everyone. I am sitting here at my laptop ready and waiting for midday
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Well that was short and sweet - didn't realise I couldn't book for the whole 30 days - looks like I'll be online everyday for the next month

Got three good times for Mission Space/Soarin/Spaceship Earth though

WOndering whether to change Soarin to Test Track - any thoughts on what teenagers would enjoy best between these two?