Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Test Track Down Yet Again

Just got to Test Track and it’s down yet again.

This is one of Epcot’s major attractions and it suffers more technical problems than an Alfa Romeo.

The last time I went to this ride it was down and here we are again with it down again.
It is so poor that this attraction suffers so many issues.

They will honor the fast passes when it opens, if and when.
Trouble is there will be so many people trying to ride the fast pass will not be very fast anymore.
Old 29 May 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Same for us last August. Problem is the lack of other rides at Epcot to fill the time!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It’s the only attraction in Epcot remember that goes outside and will always go down if there’s lightning within a certain radius. Will also go down straight away if someone triggers a sensor by not keeping hands arms feet and legs inside the vehicle at all times...this happens more than you’d think and means that the whole ride needs to be evacuated, safety checked and run a few times empty before its deemed safe again for guest use.

And then there’s also gonna be times where one vehicle goes tech which means everything’s out for a while.

What I’m saying is that it’s not always going down due to tech issues. Other factors are in play with test track
Old 30 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I once had an Alfa Romeo and it didn’t have a single issue in 3 years- Test Track is definitely worse than an Alfa Romeo.
Old 30 May 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

We must have been lucky, over the years we've been going on the ride it's never gone down...We had a 20 minute delay once due to weather, but that's all.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve ridden it every time I’ve gone. Never had it break down on me. Hopefully I’ve not jinxed it for this September.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

We have fond memories of being stuck on this ride in 2007, up on the side, me trying not to crush my dad who was on the inside - we were killing ourselves laughing and he still says 'test track' anytime he is in the car with me and I'm going round a bend (too fast in his opinion at more that 5mph).

Really hope we get to ride it in September 2019! It does seem to go down a lot when you read folks trip reports.
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bean
Being a bit Goofy

A few weeks ago I was editing some videos I’d taken on a Disney trip in 2011. There was some discussion about how we should rope drop Test Track, because it would probably go down later in the day knowing the ride. Some things never change!
Bean is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

It was down for most of the day and half we were in Epcot in February. We managed to get on once though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We found out that the Test Track cars are autonomous and so have more issues because of this.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List