Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Healthy lunches and snacks

I’m starting a new job in a couple of weeks, and I want to be healthier and lose weight.

There is no shop nearby so I will need to pack my food for the day. This is better anyway.

Healthy snack ideas would be appreciated. I like bananas and love berries but they aren’t cheap, what do you all take for lunch/snacks.

I have tended to sandwiches or soup as i’m not a massive fan of salad
Old 8 Jun 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Theres all sorts to pick from.

Chicken, new potatoes and veg - all can be eaten cold,
Tin of tuna in a wrap
celery/carrot sticks
sweet potato
beetroot
rice cakes with peanut butter and apple
turkey mince
cottage cheese

anything with less than 5 ingredients or avoid anything that has stuff in it that you dont know what it is or your grandparents wouldn't know what it was! (Ie - flavourings/preservatives etc)

I guess it depends whether you have access to cooking facilities or a microwave?

x

ps - I dont think bananas are THAT expensive - and berries are cheaper if you buy them frozen!
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Theres all sorts to pick from.

Chicken, new potatoes and veg - all can be eaten cold,
Tin of tuna in a wrap
celery/carrot sticks
sweet potato
beetroot
rice cakes with peanut butter and apple
turkey mince
cottage cheese

anything with less than 5 ingredients or avoid anything that has stuff in it that you dont know what it is or your grandparents wouldn't know what it was! (Ie - flavourings/preservatives etc)

I guess it depends whether you have access to cooking facilities or a microwave?

x

ps - I dont think bananas are THAT expensive - and berries are cheaper if you buy them frozen!
Sorry- no I don’t think bananas are expensive, I meant berries, which I do, but unfortunately I’ve never got on with the frozen variety, it’s a texture thing.

I will have access to a fridge and microwave, but that’s it. I do like soup so will do that a bit, but I haven’t had cottage cheese in years so will defo buy some of that. Thanks
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I quite enjoy a ‘cold cuts’ lunch... ham, dollop of houmous, olives, cucumber and carrot sticks, baby tomatoes, few slices of avocado, feta etc. Usually a mixture of these, whatever is left in the fridge really.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Most work days I take a McCain's frozen jacket potato (you could obv just take a normal potato) and I have it with tuna, light mayo, light cheese, onions, beetroot or beetroot salad or sometimes coleslaw and salad. Sometimes I have it with beans cheese and salad. Beans on toast with or without cheese is a good one too. I feel more satisfied after a hot lunch and less likely to snack.
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Look on pinch of nom or chubby cubs sites.
Quiche hummus etc can all be made healthy.
Couscous is my fav
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Hard boiled eggs. Lots of protein and keep you feeling fuller for longer. I sometimes have it with salad leaves and mayo.
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Some Banana View Post
Most work days I take a McCain's frozen jacket potato (you could obv just take a normal potato) and I have it with tuna, light mayo, light cheese, onions, beetroot or beetroot salad or sometimes coleslaw and salad. Sometimes I have it with beans cheese and salad. Beans on toast with or without cheese is a good one too. I feel more satisfied after a hot lunch and less likely to snack.
I like a spud, I prefer them ovened but for lunch I could just nuke one. I like tuna mayo and cottage cheese in a spud, both of which are quite good I think, thanks x
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I quite enjoy a ‘cold cuts’ lunch... ham, dollop of houmous, olives, cucumber and carrot sticks, baby tomatoes, few slices of avocado, feta etc. Usually a mixture of these, whatever is left in the fridge really.
This is a nice idea for summer
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have a small lunch bag from home bargains with a freezer pack in.

I make Thai green curry and rice - slimming world Asia book
Laksa- Made from scratch
or tins of soup --- we also have a microwave
Philadelphia light snack packs - 49p in Home bargains
Some type of fruit
A club biscuit
I will also eat Ham, cheese of any type Im very partial to Goats and Feta.,Olives , handful of nuts ie almonds , pecans

Cold flask of water
Black Coffee at work

I can't eat eggs, cold pasta, cold fish , yogurts or milk based foods - so I have to use sites like Pinterest for ideas... Plus I have a three hour commute so have to keep food chilled.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List