Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Ok. So it's spring cleaning here.

Cracking whip over kids.

My problem is I know they will get to stage of everything out, and then something better will come along and they will be off, or they will be so slow that it's bed time and they're still not done and I am just left with a sea of stuff and no practical space.

To be fair, looking at my wardrobe I am likely to end up in same place !

Lots of enthusiasm, but no follow through...

Second question really, lots could go here, either to charity or recycle or tip. On the other hand I wouldn't mind trying to make some cash from it all. It may bring joy to others after all. Do any of you do this? And if so, how?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Ok. So it's spring cleaning here.

Cracking whip over kids.

My problem is I know they will get to stage of everything out, and then something better will come along and they will be off, or they will be so slow that it's bed time and they're still not done and I am just left with a sea of stuff and no practical space.

To be fair, looking at my wardrobe I am likely to end up in same place !

Lots of enthusiasm, but no follow through...

Second question really, lots could go here, either to charity or recycle or tip. On the other hand I wouldn't mind trying to make some cash from it all. It may bring joy to others after all. Do any of you do this? And if so, how?
I’ve been at this since 08.30 this morning. At one point I though ≈≈≈ have I started, but now I’m making headway. I’m taking the opportunity to put away our winter stuff as we won’t need it any more now, and sorting out for Disney trip, which is keeping me focused.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm fed up now. Nothing it bringing me joy. It's hard work and I've done enough.

Except for the fact that I cannot walk around my landing or get through by bedroom door or rest on the bed because of the piles of stuff - I would call it a success.
Old 24 Feb 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
So far I have dumped twelve bin liners full of clothes. Well not dumped but sent to local charity for people and some for the local dog home as blankets
I dumped 3 bin bags down at sainsburys recycling as they were going in the car my dd16 was taking out old baby clothes and knitted ponchos!
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Finished clothes and shoes... I’m knackered

I’ve got a complete chest of drawers free, my wardrobe is looking empty. I’ve sorted , discarded and folded and I’m very happy with the results. Everything is so easy to find now.

I’ve also started to pack for Florida loving the new packing cubes which I poo pooed before. It seemed silly to fold and put away holiday clothes when I could just put them straight in the case. I just hacer to add the clothes for my five weeks in the U.K. before I go, which is not much as I leave stuff at dads...

Tonight I’m going to sit down and go through all the jewelry
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Oh my goodness. You lot are such a bad influence on me. Started re reading this post 2 hours ago but got side tracked...

In the last 2 hours I've convinced DH to rip out our 2 double wardrobes, buy 2 sets of draws (one for DD 8s room, and one for our room), move DD 8's wardrobe into DD 12s room, move DD12's wardrobe into our room, re-paint our room, and re-carpet our room.

If you got all that then I'm impressed. So, just so I can fold my clothes nicely we will spend a small fortune and disrupt 3 rooms.

It's okay though, you lot are safe... I haven't told DH the Dibb is to blame 🤣
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok. I chest of drawers empty.

I wardrobe done, All summer clothes, all work clothes, all home clothes.

Just left with all the shoes, belts, general junk that brings me joy.

Moved from chunky wooden hangers to heavy duty wire ones and have now got half a wardrobe spare.

Only thing is I cannot bring myself to throw stuff out.

Just had to chuck all the rest in bottom of wardrobe as DH needed to pack for work.

I feel like I have half achieved something...

Edited at 08:04 PM.