Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile Transition to Grey

Well, i have decided to go grey and let it go naturally😯. My story is my natural hair colour was very dark brown very nearly black, started getting grey hairs😣 so coloured it as you do😁. As i got older i my hair colour was getting lighter then i decided to have highlights, adding more and more until it was blonde. Then as a previous post said i wanted some silver put in anyway this didnt work. So... its been 8 weeks since i put anything on my hair i have around 1.5 inches of salt and pepper look regrowth and i am going to leave it and let it grow out🤞hopefully. If you have read all of the above thanks. If anyone has done this can you give any advice?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Well, i have decided to go grey and let it go naturally😯. My story is my natural hair colour was very dark brown very nearly black, started getting grey hairs😣 so coloured it as you do😁. As i got older i my hair colour was getting lighter then i decided to have highlights, adding more and more until it was blonde. Then as a previous post said i wanted some silver put in anyway this didnt work. So... its been 8 weeks since i put anything on my hair i have around 1.5 inches of salt and pepper look regrowth and i am going to leave it and let it grow out🤞hopefully. If you have read all of the above thanks. If anyone has done this can you give any advice?
Yes I did this when I got to 50, I decided it was time to go grey, I was needing to get roots done every 4 weeks, it was unsustainable, it took me around a year and lots of friends and my then hairdresser said I wouldn’t do it, but I did and now I get loads of compliments about it and it’s quite trendy at the moment, so go for and don’t be put off x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have coloured my hair for about 50 years! Anyway after some poor health I noticed my hair had thinned out somewhat so decided to go 'oh natural', I spoke to my hairdresser about the product that would strip the colour/dye out of my hair and she strongly suggested I don't use it and to persevere with letting it grow out naturally. I haven't coloured my hair since last October, it had been a long slow process and my last cut was quite severe, I am now about 2-3 inches of salt n pepper shades, I love it but hate the 2 tone effect I have waiting for the dyed colour to grow out. Whenever I am talking with people I can feel their eyes looking at my roots, I have to resist the urge to say, 'yes, i know, but I am letting my hair go back to its natural colour'.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have it's taken me since last November to get all the colour out but I have short hair my hair is defiantly in much better condition now
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I did this last year. I had one last colour done which was in jagged pieces so that I didn’t have a hard line as it grew out.

It’s taken about a year to get it totally out and now it’s gone I really like it and get lots of positive comments.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah thanks for your replies,i know it will be a long process and there will be days when i hate it😣 my hair is shoulder lengh so i have thought after a while i might have to keep getting it cut eveytime six weeks or so.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
My grey roots are about 2 inches long now. I'm the same as chrisxal, I sense people looking at my roots when I'm talking to them. My big test was last month when we went to Florida, I resisted the urge to have dye on my hair when I had the 'holiday haircut' so I know I'm going to persevere now. I can always go back if I don't like it.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
My grey roots are about 2 inches long now. I'm the same as chrisxal, I sense people looking at my roots when I'm talking to them. My big test was last month when we went to Florida, I resisted the urge to have dye on my hair when I had the 'holiday haircut' so I know I'm going to persevere now. I can always go back if I don't like it.
Well done you. This will be my test, we are on holiday next month and its ususally when i would have it done or the roots at least. Anyone fancy posting pictures?
We could support each other.
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

this is me
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I did it last year at 57 yrs old. Don’t regret it at all. My hair is in much better condition and I get lots of positive comments. I found very difficult when I had the harsh root line but persevered. There aren't many holiday pictures from that time! Now, I’d never go back to colouring it. Good luck!