Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Jan 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Brilliant post, I’ll be looking forward to seeing more. Anything more from SSR launch period?
It’s surprising how quickly things date isn’t it, the BLT adverts look really old fashioned, I still think of that as a new resort!
YT. I will go hunting for you! Next post tomorrow teatime.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
In 12 years the only free things I've had that were worth hanging onto are a tote bag, a couple of magnets and the wee cheeseboard.
I think buying most of our points resale meant that we just didn't really get many freebies.
Leaflets, books etc generally ended up in the bin as I hate clutter and I'm not very sentimental.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My goodness that's a serious amount of hoarding. The only things I've kept over the years were the prints and bags we were sent, albeit many years ago, nothing worth keeping in recent years.

I ended up with around 3 really nice prints of BCV, not sure why 3 really, I always meant to get one of them framed but never actually got around to it. I do still have a canvas on the wall that we were sent years ago, it gives it's age away as SSR is the 'newest' resort on it!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
My goodness that's a serious amount of hoarding...
I was going to say the same where do you keep it all?

The only things I've kept is artwork and gifts, I threw all the leaflets away. We have some lovely prints over the years including a David Doss from when they offered the extension to OKW and two lovely Mickey and Minnie prints which we got at BLT for staying there on opening day. There's also some nice wooden boxes and various tree ornaments. I can't see them giving anything like that as gifts anymore.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dor1
Getting Excited

dor1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We have /had a picture with all the resorts on. I think it may be the ‘glicee’ mentioned.

The only other thing I think we’ve had was on cruises. We have a fridge magnet and 2 pictures which we framed and had on the wall until we moved last year.
We’ve got some awful red hats as well.

For 10 years membership we’ve had very little really. We did used to get some thick points books but those stopped years ago.
I did like those thick points books-very nice to look at.
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7

This was the picture we had, Katie had it in her room for a long time but I'm not sure what happened to it when we moved.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I was going to say the same where do you keep it all?

The only things I've kept is artwork and gifts, I threw all the leaflets away. We have some lovely prints over the years including a David Doss from when they offered the extension to OKW and two lovely Mickey and Minnie prints which we got at BLT for staying there on opening day. There's also some nice wooden boxes and various tree ornaments. I can't see them giving anything like that as gifts anymore.
We are completely minimalistic. Nothing apart from some Lalique figures is on display, oh and a few photographs
My Wife has the view that if it needs dusting it's gone.

As it's just us here we only need the one bedroom and all the others are available so that we can store what we like. We have a lot of storage boxes but you would never know that unless you open the cupboards.
In the last few weeks we have redecorated the last bedroom and totally reorganised all of them.
One suitcase we dont use is full of DVC bags etc.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Second instalment!

The original blue and brown leather DVC bag they gave away when you signed. Still with the white glove hand attached. You can just spot the old logo in the brown leather.
This is a real quality bag. None of your modern tat!

Then we move on to the next edition, well quite a few of them!

Then the last version.

Not sure where this came from, maybe a Welcome Home Wednesday

Ahh the caps. We have 4 here at home. But we also have 2 in our Owners Locker. Nice hats

Not sure where this came from, however it was free.

These 2 drinking mugs were part of a huge gift they left in our room, why we never found out!

We bought these luggage tags. Sadly 3 of the original white ones we used and they got wrecked.

This is a glasses cleaning cloth, part of the gift left in our room.

Not DVC but we bought 3 of these 2000 Parks bottle lanyards and I still use one every trip. Normally the MGM one.

Two pictures of the Points Chart books they sent every year or every other year.

The 2004 edition of the qurterly magazine. Our first one as we biought in Fall 2003

And every edition from then to date.

Thats it for today. Standby for the next thrilling instalment.

Edit. Please be assured we dont have an orange carpet as it looks like it is under the glasses cleaning cloth. It was the flash! We have oatmeal or fawn throughout the upstairs.

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Old 13 Jan 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

This was the picture we had, Katie had it in her room for a long time but I'm not sure what happened to it when we moved.
That’s the one I have up on the wall, always loved that picture

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
In 12 years the only free things I've had that were worth hanging onto are a tote bag, a couple of magnets and the wee cheeseboard.
I think buying most of our points resale meant that we just didn't really get many freebies.
Leaflets, books etc generally ended up in the bin as I hate clutter and I'm not very sentimental.
All my contracts are direct, dating back to February 2002 & I’ve had bags, prints & a canvas. Never had a chessboard so I don’t think it’s because you bought resale, I think we just miss out in the UK.

I belong to a closed FB DVC page that has mostly long term US owners & have had some serious freebie envy over the years. Very little in the last 5 or so though.

It’s always irked me slightly that we don’t get anything for recommendations like the US owners do.