Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I've got some motivation. Our spare room has 2 wardrobes full of stuff. DS needs a new bed to replace his mid sleeper which underneath is full of stuff. It would be nice to make the spare room into a chill \ guest room.
So starting point is to clear the equivalent space of 1 of the wardrobes so when I sort stuff under DS bed there is flexibility to keep some.
I've started with my clothes accepting that I probably will not drop couple size but if I do I can treat myself to new clothes.
I'm training myself to think the spare room will be more enjoyable as a chill \ guest room than a "stuff and clothes if I lose weight room".
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
Serious question: what do you do about things that don't spark joy but you think you need? Not much of my kitchen equipment sparks any joy but we need to eat and our bank balance/waistlines might suffer if we went to restaurants every day! Or my printer, no joy but I do need to print stuff sometimes... What are the rules for those sorts of practical things? This is a genuine question although it sounds a bit sarky to me when I read back!
Maybe think of the end product for these items. For example your favourite meal or printing out boarding passes for when you go on hols
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Serious question: what do you do about things that don't spark joy but you think you need? Not much of my kitchen equipment sparks any joy but we need to eat and our bank balance/waistlines might suffer if we went to restaurants every day! Or my printer, no joy but I do need to print stuff sometimes... What are the rules for those sorts of practical things? This is a genuine question although it sounds a bit sarky to me when I read back!
She is realistic and acknowledges we need things also but, for example, she will say do you need duplicates of things in the kitchen like two egg timers.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The vacuum itself doesn't bring me joy, but having a clean house DOES bring me joy, and I need the vacuum for that" I think a lot of those useful but not joyful items sort of bring JOY BY EXTENSION. You may not be in love with your frying pan, but you love something that you can cook with it.

Lifted that from a blog

So no, the mop and bucket do not spark joy but the result does. However some of my glasses don’t spark joy so they are going I’m keeping the fancy ones
It’s a bit faddy I get that but it’s been quite cathartic today. A few weeks ago we had friends for dinner, out came the good plates, knives and forks, I love them , so I ask myself why do I have lots of cutlery and plates that don’t spark joy, what is all this keeping out for best malarkey. So all my day to day dishes are going and I’m keeping the ones I like
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the responses 👍😁
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
She has a program on Netflix. It’s a very interesting process.
I like the way she folds the clothes. I’ve found it easier to store everything and I can see what I’ve got.
Morning Bev

Quick question on the “ folding”. Does it crease the clothes anymore than if they were laying folded and flat?

Every item of clothing that I own in piled up in spare bedroom. I’ve emptied all the drawers of clutter and put it all in a box for sorting tomorrow, but today I start on the clothes...

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well I hope it doesn't crease clothes as logically I should get rid of the irons, ironing board, mop, bucket, broom and Hoover. This would make the cupboard under the stairs look amazing. And make life very easy for the meter man.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I find it doesn't crease the clothes at all
I did my clothes last February when we had the snow and I was on A/L from work and I'm amazed that I'm still keeping it up
I didn't do the rest of the house then but have started to do it now,mainly as I'm having a new boiler fitted at the end of the month and it needs to be decluttered so the fitters can get where they need to
It was amazing how much came out of the airing cupboard
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Well I hope it doesn't crease clothes as logically I should get rid of the irons, ironing board, mop, bucket, broom and Hoover. This would make the cupboard under the stairs look amazing. And make life very easy for the meter man.
But if you’re u got rid of all those things your house would be very smelly and dirty and not spark much joy except for the meter man
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
I find it doesn't crease the clothes at all
I did my clothes last February when we had the snow and I was on A/L from work and I'm amazed that I'm still keeping it up
I didn't do the rest of the house then but have started to do it now,mainly as I'm having a new boiler fitted at the end of the month and it needs to be decluttered so the fitters can get where they need to
It was amazing how much came out of the airing cupboard
So far I have dumped twelve bin liners full of clothes. Well not dumped but sent to local charity for people and some for the local dog home as blankets