Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was brought up in a very catholic family .. I am a practicing Catholic but sometimes I do think it’s more fear that belief. Also the history of historical abuse etc does not leave me confident in the church. I remember my grandmother who had 9 children, brought up in the dirt poor streets of Belfast telling me to make sure I ignored the churches views on contraception and if a man in Rome could not tell me how many children to have unless he was going to feed them

OPs question
When my children were small they were baptised etc etc but once they hit their teens the choice was theirs and the decision was no. I respect that, that’s thier choice
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

In addition to my loss of faith - I also found the Catholic Church to be so hypocritical, however, I still respect other peoples personal beliefs. As Dave Allen used to say... May your God go with you...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I'm CofE, DH is RC, I have always had a much stronger faith than him but when it came to getting married (we were young) his mother insisted that he had to get a special dispensation to marry me and I had to sign up to agree with many of the RC beliefs including allowing him 'his bedroom rights', nowadays that's rape . He has never been that kind of man or I would never have married him.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I'm CofE, DH is RC, I have always had a much stronger faith than him but when it came to getting married (we were young) his mother insisted that he had to get a special dispensation to marry me and I had to sign up to agree with many of the RC beliefs including allowing him 'his bedroom rights', nowadays that's rape . He has never been that kind of man or I would never have married him.
My Wife is Catholic and although I am nothing my Parents were Methodists.

We had to go and meet the Priest before he married us and he asked my Wife why she was marrying a leper.

Nice old Gent, I found him hilarious.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I say a prayer every night asking God to make Corona F off, my kids don’t and never will! 🙏😊
I would love a god to get rid of the virus and all sicknesses and the cruelty of people and animals in the world. Unfortunately many believe a god created everything, so according to some religious people a god created the coronavirus (and then some even suggest it was part of its (the god's) bigger plan).

Some absolutely vile religious leaders in various countries have even been praising their so called god for killing innocent people with the coronavirus.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Wife is Catholic and although I am nothing my Parents were Methodists.

We had to go and meet the Priest before he married us and he asked my Wife why she was marrying a leper.

Nice old Gent, I found him hilarious.
'Spare a talent for an Ex-Leper'... (C) Monty Python
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
'Spare a talent for an Ex-Leper'... (C) Monty Python
thats more than he earns in month
!

lets haggle
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
thats more than he earns in month
!

lets haggle
thats more than he earns in month!

Half a talent then...

lets haggle

Classic...
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
how long ago are we talking?

not that it matters still a bit medieval & i dont think you are that old...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I would love a god to get rid of the virus and all sicknesses and the cruelty of people and animals in the world. Unfortunately many believe a god created everything, so according to some religious people a god created the coronavirus (and then some even suggest it was part of its (the god's) bigger plan).

Some absolutely vile religious leaders in various countries have even been praising their so called god for killing innocent people with the coronavirus.
I did question this as a kid and my mums answer was God gives everyone freedom of choice! If you want to be a person who eats food not edible for humans and cause killer viruses or be a mad ba#tard who kills people that up to you. Live your life and be kind to others and if there’s a heaven you will end up there. But I’m not sure if this is true or not, I don’t preach and live with a family of non believers, let’s not have a discussion about religion MH cos I don’t have the answers. I ain’t perfect and had a child before I was married, he came to our wedding lol 😂