Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
See my Mam, she's in a care home so not visited since 16th March - 10 weeks tomorrow 😢
My MIL is in a nursing home and they had been saying she needed new underwear. We realised it was going to be a long time before visits are allowed so last week we drove there to drop off what she needed (we are in the same city). The carers took my MIL to the window so that we could see and talk to her while we were there.

Maybe that’s an option for you?
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
My MIL is in a nursing home and they had been saying she needed new underwear. We realised it was going to be a long time before visits are allowed so last week we drove there to drop off what she needed (we are in the same city). The carers took my MIL to the window so that we could see and talk to her while we were there.

I don't think so, she has dementia and not being able to kiss us goodbye (something we HAVE to do every time we leave) would be too distressing for her.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
See my Mam, she's in a care home so not visited since 16th March - 10 weeks tomorrow 😢
It is so sad that all those with loved ones in care homes cannot see them. Is the home doing zoom or skype visits. I know it isn’t the same but you could still see and hear each other. I’m not sure if I could have done the waving through the window with my mum. I would have worried about it upsetting us both too much.
Hope you get to see her soon x
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I will need to visit the hairdresser also before I go for a wander round the shops. I not sure what to do with my hair - I’m way too old for a ponytail!

I am not an online shopper as I like to see and feel things - especially clothes. I have spent next to nothing during lockdown.
I know what you mean I ordered a dress from GAP 40% off so a good deal, but sizing was all out it was huge, nearly just bought it anyway to have a treat then I persuaded myself if I’d been in the fitting room in the shop I wouldn’t have, so back it went, hopefully won’t be too long till we can see the clothes in the shop for real 🤞😉
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

That’s a shame. My MIL also has dementia but was happy to just talk and her face lit up. She understands things at the moment you talk to her but she will have forgot about the visit minutes later though.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I know what you mean I ordered a dress from GAP 40% off so a good deal, but sizing was all out it was huge, nearly just bought it anyway to have a treat then I persuaded myself if I’d been in the fitting room in the shop I wouldn’t have, so back it went, hopefully won’t be too long till we can see the clothes in the shop for real 🤞😉
I’m in Scotland - in it for the long haul!
Old 24 May 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
… or would I …… sizewise.

Just to go in a shop and have a look round. Pick out some nice summer clothes.

What little thing would you like to do now... xx
Yesterday DW and DDs (11&17) had a virtual trip to Bluewater. The made a list of all the stores and visited them on line. They’d got cakes and sandwiches from Asda so it was like they were having lunch out. They had a great time and spent a fortune
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
It is so sad that all those with loved ones in care homes cannot see them. Is the home doing zoom or skype visits. I know it isn’t the same but you could still see and hear each other. I’m not sure if I could have done the waving through the window with my mum. I would have worried about it upsetting us both too much.
Hope you get to see her soon x
My Nan is in a care home with advanced vascular dementia, she doesn’t know us by name, but she sort of appears to recognise us, although she can’t speak proper sentences, we feel like she lights up a bit when we arrive.

My mum has been so down over not seeing her (understandably) so I’ve made her a photo book with all the pictures of my Nan over the 6 years she’s been in the home, I’m hoping it might give her a little comfort to have something to look at until she can see my Nan again.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I went to M&S yesterday and they had some of their clothing area open and some good deals to be hadm was so nice just to browse but had to do a lot of waiting at the end of a rack for people to move
Old 24 May 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
My Nan is in a care home with advanced vascular dementia, she doesn’t know us by name, but she sort of appears to recognise us, although she can’t speak proper sentences, we feel like she lights up a bit when we arrive.

My mum has been so down over not seeing her (understandably) so I’ve made her a photo book with all the pictures of my Nan over the 6 years she’s been in the home, I’m hoping it might give her a little comfort to have something to look at until she can see my Nan again.
Your photo book sounds lovely. I’m sure your mum will love it.
My mum had advanced vascular dementia too. I always said she didn’t necessarily know who I was when I visited but she knew I was someone she loved and that was enough. My mum passed away the first week of the lockdown.
All the best to your mum and nan x
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List