Notices

Old 10 Apr 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Thank you, hopefully the 10% discount will go a little way towards food? Are you doing QS dinning this year (not sure if you mentioned it on another thread? Or am I making that up?) If so, you will get to know and find some great reasonsly priced restaurants. For example, I think Blaze is great at $10 for a build your own pizza.

Edited to add: Sorry, just read on here that you have the 1x QS meal deal, I thought I'd read it somewhere.

Kat
You are right, we were doing QSDP but I had a change of heart

I'm going to do as you are and book with Disney for next year when the offer is released but chances are we'll cancel and rent DVC points instead.

You're right the 10% discount will help a bit. I am toying with paying for the QSDP or DP but I'll have to put a lot of research into that.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply I really appreciate it. I’m tempted to do August as I was swaying towards it anyway, as it would give us a little extra time to stop of in NY for a few days first? DH and Dd1 love the heat and would be fine with it, it’s more me and dd2 that get hot (although I’d much rather be hot than cold!) the rain would be a pain if we were out in it but I do find it fascinating when it pours down like it does there, especially if we are under cover and sitting watching it. (Problem is there’s not much seating around if this happens) I hear what you are saying about Disney in August or not at all and I think this is the issue as I can’t imagine not going whilst the DDP is on. It feels like ages ago we were there last October! We may book a room anyway with a deposit and go from there so there’s not much loss if we decide not too?

Thank you again for the advice. 😃

Oh, and by the way, yes it is me who’s ADR day is the 25th! Wish me luck as I think I’m going to need it! 😂

Kat
Hey there, delayed reply as Kate and myself went out to watch Dumbo, boy oh boy I have missed about 10 pages of the unofficial free dining thread by the looks of it! I'll catch up to that later.

We did NYC before Orlando in 2017 and it was great we had 4 nights there. I thought it was going to be really hot in the city, but actually the first 2 days were a bit chilly and we felt a little out of place in our shorts and t shirts. It's a great idea to tag it on at the beginning of an Orlando holiday.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I did upgrade when we switched from Beach Club to All-Star Music but then I called them to downgrade So I've paid two amendments fees We've also moved to Movies. I did actually call them a further time to enquire about availability at POFQ but they only had Garden View rooms left. I won't bore you with all my maths but hopefully the method to my madness will be clear when I write my TR.

Isn't it great news about free dining continuing!? I was pleasantly surprised but not too shocked to see fall and winter not included.

What are your thoughts on next year? We are terrible aren't we?! It's no wonder the OH's get fed up, we haven't even been on this year's trips and we're obsessing over the next one.
Seems like you had a few changes of heart this year. After 2 years of deluxe dining I can understand you fancied a bit of a change of pace and I know you enjoyed your off site dining last year. I hope everything went well earlier.

Hi Kat,

We've already booked flights for next October so no free dining for us

Summer is my favourite time to visit New York so a nice little bonus if you decide to book Disney for August.
You've already booked your flights for next year. Wow that's forward planning.

You are right, we were doing QSDP but I had a change of heart

I'm going to do as you are and book with Disney for next year when the offer is released but chances are we'll cancel and rent DVC points instead.

You're right the 10% discount will help a bit. I am toying with paying for the QSDP or DP but I'll have to put a lot of research into that.
I was thinking that the QSDP might be good as it would be more laidback and less keeping to a schedule. Kate just saw the acronym and asked what QSDP stood for, so I explained and she doesn't like the idea of no TS so I think I have my answer as to what she wants for next year.

I checked out the wdw availability for next summer and there is still no CSR for early summer hols. It's the only moderate we haven't stayed at so I was keen to try it out. I don't know what we should do. Maybe go for CBR, we've not been there since 2016 and a heck of a lot has changed, but next summer the construction should all be finished

Perhaps I'll just do a booking for me and pay my Ł50 deposit then see if SSR or OKW are included when it gets to the 11 month window for DVC. That way we get the reservation, but if I need to change the dates for flights then I'll just add the others on so I don't have to pay the amendment fee.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Quite a successful ADR today, I was even able to book HEA Dessert Party, I don't think I've ever got that at 180 days before. There was no availability showing for 50s Prime Time and Sci-Fi so I just have to wait for 50s to pop up. Nik declared he would rather go to Hollywood & Vine than Sci-Fi so I booked that instead, but it was him that requested Sci-Fi in the first place Hopefully he'll forget about it and I can cancel because H&V OOP is

RE 2020 Flights: I'm not entirely sure how it happened but I went to my mum's one day for an hour before work and somehow we had booked flights for the three of us to go next October!

Mum was dead set on a 2-bed at OKW, until she saw the prices for next year

The current plan is similar to yours, we're going to book two rooms at FQ when the offers are released, and then potentially switch to one 2 bed villa at OKW depending on availability/price. We're not going to worry about losing deposits as we just need the peace of mind that we have somewhere to stay.

End game is renting DVC points, I was thinking a week a OKW, then a week at Boardwalk or Beach Club, but I have fallen in love with the refurbed rooms at OKW so we're hoping for 11 nights there and then 3 at BC/BW. The Crescent Lake resorts are tough to book, especially during F&W so I am hoping by keeping our options open on resort and view we'll be able to get something.

Mum has asked about paying for the dining plan but the TS one is Ł2400 for the three of us, that's a lot of dollars!

Sorry for de-railing your thread, I don't have anyone IRL who understands

It's frustrating that CSR isn't showing any availability, fingers crossed that will change. I don't think you could ever regret going back to CRB though, you'll love the changes.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Quite a successful ADR today, I was even able to book HEA Dessert Party, I don't think I've ever got that at 180 days before. There was no availability showing for 50s Prime Time and Sci-Fi so I just have to wait for 50s to pop up. Nik declared he would rather go to Hollywood & Vine than Sci-Fi so I booked that instead, but it was him that requested Sci-Fi in the first place Hopefully he'll forget about it and I can cancel because H&V OOP is

RE 2020 Flights: I'm not entirely sure how it happened but I went to my mum's one day for an hour before work and somehow we had booked flights for the three of us to go next October!

Mum was dead set on a 2-bed at OKW, until she saw the prices for next year

The current plan is similar to yours, we're going to book two rooms at FQ when the offers are released, and then potentially switch to one 2 bed villa at OKW depending on availability/price. We're not going to worry about losing deposits as we just need the peace of mind that we have somewhere to stay.

End game is renting DVC points, I was thinking a week a OKW, then a week at Boardwalk or Beach Club, but I have fallen in love with the refurbed rooms at OKW so we're hoping for 11 nights there and then 3 at BC/BW. The Crescent Lake resorts are tough to book, especially during F&W so I am hoping by keeping our options open on resort and view we'll be able to get something.

Mum has asked about paying for the dining plan but the TS one is Ł2400 for the three of us, that's a lot of dollars!

Sorry for de-railing your thread, I don't have anyone IRL who understands

It's frustrating that CSR isn't showing any availability, fingers crossed that will change. I don't think you could ever regret going back to CRB though, you'll love the changes.
Another trip with your mum. I have to say I didn't see that coming. I'm glad that she is keen to return, must be as you've booked the flights already.

Eek, the DVC plans sound exciting, so many resorts I like the idea of a split stay, of course that is not an option if you were getting free DDP so perhaps it was meant to be. I think the Boardwalk area will be excellent, I'd love to stay there.

I wonder if Nik will at some point say that he wanted sci fi diner all along. We did love it, but haven't been back since 2016. It nearly made the cut for this year as it's such a great theme, but of course you already know it didn't make it to the final list.

I'm thinking we may end up back at CBR 3rd time lucky for us at that resort if we do! I suppose I'd love to do a proper deluxe but that's so expensive, better to do that your way with renting DVC points. But then of course we couldn't afford to eat anything. I really need to win the lottery, actually I really need to start playing the lottery so that I might stand a chance of winning!

On a side note, have you change your fries in your kfc? We had kfc on Tuesday and the fries were yucky, we thought they might be great as they had skin on, but they were not crispy and just a bit soggy really . Quite disappointing and we all decided we'd rather not bother again, I didn't finish mine . I'm wondering if it's just our local one or if it's a nationwide directive by the kfc powers that be to ruin all the fries

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Another trip with your mum. I have to say I didn't see that coming. I'm glad that she is keen to return, must be as you've booked the flights already.

Eek, the DVC plans sound exciting, so many resorts I like the idea of a split stay, of course that is not an option if you were getting free DDP so perhaps it was meant to be. I think the Boardwalk area will be excellent, I'd love to stay there.

I wonder if Nik will at some point say that he wanted sci fi diner all along. We did love it, but haven't been back since 2016. It nearly made the cut for this year as it's such a great theme, but of course you already know it didn't make it to the final list.

I'm thinking we may end up back at CBR 3rd time lucky for us at that resort if we do! I suppose I'd love to do a proper deluxe but that's so expensive, better to do that your way with renting DVC points. But then of course we couldn't afford to eat anything. I really need to win the lottery, actually I really need to start playing the lottery so that I might stand a chance of winning!

On a side note, have you change your fries in your kfc? We had kfc on Tuesday and the fries were yucky, we thought they might be great as they had skin on, but they were not crispy and just a bit soggy really . Quite disappointing and we all decided we'd rather not bother again, I didn't finish mine . I'm wondering if it's just our local one or if it's a nationwide directive by the kfc powers that be to ruin all the fries
I definitely didn't see another trip with mum coming either! I was very shocked when she suggested it. I didn't even ask Nik, just booked before anyone could change their mind and told him afterwards

Yes, we changed our fries at the end of last year. I am not completely sold on the new ones, I probably shouldn't admit that They are nice if procedures are followed correctly, i.e. drained properly, bagged up straight away as opposed to lying piled on top of each other and only held for 5 minutes. If the store don't follow procedure properly then they are just like you experienced. Very sad it was your first time trying them and they weren't nice.

EDIT: I forgot to say, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new CBR. I'm also convinced the Skyliner will see it's price leapfrog the Port Orleans resorts eventually so if you can get in a stay there before that happens it would be great.

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

I thought it might be a new fries everywhere kind of thing. They have the potential to be great as they are relatively chunky. But these were the antithesis of great.

I'm not gonna lie the cheapness of CBR is a major plus point. I don't get why it is so cheap though as we love it. I wonder if prices will sky rocket with the new resort and sky liner opening. Perhaps sooner rather than later would be better.

Old 11 Apr 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

To carry on the theme of totally derailing this thread - I also dislike the new KFC fries!
And I want to book Sci Fi and keep hearing that no one is managing to get reservations for October *shakes fist at both KFC and Galaxy’s Edge*

Sorry Abby
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
To carry on the theme of totally derailing this thread - I also dislike the new KFC fries!
And I want to book Sci Fi and keep hearing that no one is managing to get reservations for October *shakes fist at both KFC and Galaxy’s Edge*

Sorry Abby
It's not derailing it's joining in I'm liking the chat.

We tested out the McDonald's fries today and can confirm that they are still the same as ever and hence are now better than the KFC fries.

Sci Fi is great I hope you will be able to get a booking for it. We have only been once but it was great fun and I would definitely go again. We did have to wait a long time to get our table thought so that was a bit of a pain as everyone was starving hungry. The milkshakes were yummy and I would think they must do hard shakes, but when we went there was no alcohol on the dining plan like there is now.

Old 11 Apr 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Oh no I am going to go against the grain and say I prefer the new fries at kfc to their old ones! 🙈🙊 although McD's still trump them either way..😂😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oh no I am going to go against the grain and say I prefer the new fries at kfc to their old ones! 🙈🙊 although McD's still trump them either way..😂😂
oh dear, I think you need to go away and have a think about what you have just said. Maybe you got lucky and were at a KFC that knows how to cook them correctly like Colette's unfortunately Scotland is a bit too far for me to travel to get some decent fries so it looks like McD is back on the top spot for us.