Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 10, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Colette, I've just been reading through all your wedding plans and they sound fantastic. I'm from Wallasey too - getting married in July 2011 with honeymoon to Disney in Aug 2011. Me and H2B will have been together 10 yrs by the time we get married! Absolutely loved reading about your wedding, I am having gerbera daisies as my wedding flower love them! Noticed about the band Madison could you PM me their details please as I am still looking for a band.
I am at a wedding in Sept this yr at the Hard Days night hotel and think it is a gorgeous venue. Will definately fill you in once i've been.
Good Luck with the rest of the preparation - you seem definately ontop of it all!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 10, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by WillowDuttsy View Post
Hi Colette, I've just been reading through all your wedding plans and they sound fantastic. I'm from Wallasey too - getting married in July 2011 with honeymoon to Disney in Aug 2011. Me and H2B will have been together 10 yrs by the time we get married! Absolutely loved reading about your wedding, I am having gerbera daisies as my wedding flower love them! Noticed about the band Madison could you PM me their details please as I am still looking for a band.
I am at a wedding in Sept this yr at the Hard Days night hotel and think it is a gorgeous venue. Will definately fill you in once i've been.
Good Luck with the rest of the preparation - you seem definately ontop of it all!
ooohhh another wallasey dibber/bride! fabulous! - PM on it's way x

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 10, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks like it's all coming together well.Keep us updated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 10, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Folks, it's been a while...

thats what happens when you book your wedding 2 years in advance and then organise everything within 6 months!

We really need to sit down and start the guest list but keep putting it off, and Chris' best mate has told him he can't be his best man, won't go in to it all here but I was angry with how the whole thing was dealt with and I just know how upset Chris is - the stress levels are rising already I can tell you... he is yet to choose another best man so it's difficult bringing up the wedding at the mo...

Few other little details for you

I have booked an ivory postbox for our cards on the night, when I looked at all the 'homemade boxes' I just wasn't liking them so chose a replica postbox instead...

I have silver sparklers and diamond shaped bubble bottles for the tables at night..

I met with my wedding planners who are dealing with my on the day coordination, they loved the hotel and I got on so well with them it was such a relief. They are FlowerandFirth if any local brides are interested!

Also, thought it was about time I shared my wedding website, it's not quite finished, the wedding party profiles are not all done and there's a few other bits that need sorting but hopefully by showing you all, it will make me finish it sooner rather than later!

the address is coletteandchris.gettingmarried - the best thing is it's totally free to do and you can customise your own pages, I'm not that arty tho and i just used an existing template!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 10, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow Colette, well done - the site is fantastic. Pity I cant have one as we arent telling anyone - apart from Dibbers - that we are getting married

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 10, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Hello dress twin

Nice to see you posting on your wedding plans topic again, though I know what you mean about organising every so early and quickly - I'm pretty much at a stop now until I can book the wedding with Disney and flights.

I'm sorry to hear Chris' best man dropped out and it was done in a bad way.
Love the sound of the silver sparklers & diamond shaped bubble bottles
and glad you are happy with the wedding planners you are working with.

The website looks fantastic, and even better it was free. I might have to set one up myself
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 10, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi Colette,

Just catching up - I checked out your wedding site too.

Shame about Chris's best man, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon, at least you have plenty of warning.

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 10, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Hello dress twin

Nice to see you posting on your wedding plans topic again, though I know what you mean about organising every so early and quickly - I'm pretty much at a stop now until I can book the wedding with Disney and flights.

I'm sorry to hear Chris' best man dropped out and it was done in a bad way.
Love the sound of the silver sparklers & diamond shaped bubble bottles
and glad you are happy with the wedding planners you are working with.

The website looks fantastic, and even better it was free. I might have to set one up myself
Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
Hi Colette,

Just catching up - I checked out your wedding site too.

Shame about Chris's best man, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon, at least you have plenty of warning.

Di x
Hi Ladies, nice to see you both, thanks for checking in, Di I need to catch up with your trippie - Love it!

Sarah, my wedding twin! I knew you would love the sparklers and the bubbles!

Glad you like the website too - Sarah, you should have one - it's fun!

Colette
Old 4 Jan 11, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Everyone!

I really only wanted to post on here to say I AM GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR! Wooooo hooooo! and going to Florida too, does it get any better haha!

Chris has a new best man, phew! he has asked his cousin who's in the army if he would do it and he has said he would be honoured which is lovely and sets my mind at rest!

Don't think I've mentioned it before but we have sent out our Save the date fridge magnets now, they have a white Gerbera on them which is very apt as my bouquet will be Gerberas, am sure it will fly by now!

for anyone interested my save the date magnets were £20.00 for 50 from theweddingstationerystore/ and they really are beautiful, fab company to deal with too!

next job, guest list...wish me luck...I think I'll need it!

Colette
Old 4 Jan 11, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi Colette!

WooHoo! The time has flown by, great to hear!

Good news that Chris has got a new best man, that'll be a load off your minds.

Am getting excited for you lol!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread