Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

How many times would you throw a ball back over your fence?

My daughter has answered the door seven times tonight to the same two boys who ask them to throw their ball back over the fence. They are playing football in their own garden and the ball keeps coming over into my daughter’s. She told them this is the last time. If it comes over again, it can stay there. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. There has to be a limit. Perhaps if they stop throwing it back the boys might be more careful. It’s nice to see kids playing in the garden and my daughter and her husband don’t want to be seen as miseries. It’s a new estate so everyone is getting to know each other. What would you consider reasonable?
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

My neighbours bought there kids multiple balls so I only needed to do it as and when but I think 7 is enough times. It got to the point I told them to come in and get the ball if no one was home to save me doing it.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We all had children similar ages on our cul de sac. Every one just let them run in for their own footballs.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
My neighbours bought there kids multiple balls so I only needed to do it as and when but I think 7 is enough times. It got to the point I told them to come in and get the ball if no one was home to save me doing it.
Same here, I told them to just come in and get it to save me answering all the time.
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Such a tricky one. I think 7 times is enough in one day. I’d say I will throw it back next time in the garden.
We had an issue as our neighbour used to lift our fence panels to get his son’s ball, even if we were in the garden. We nailed the fence panels down (all 30 odd of them!) and said he must knock or wait for us to throw them back. He then complained that our dogs (in our own garden) were puncturing the balls and they were “very expensive”! Our retort was to teach his son to kick down the garden and not across.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s so important for children to get outside and have partake in physical activities. Better that than sat on a x box all day. I would open my side gate and tell them to help themselves up to a certain time.
We had a lot of boys on our Avenue who constantly played with a football, it did get annoying hearing thud, thud, thud then kids coming running in our garden for a ball. They are all grown up now so it’s my son’s turn to play with a ball lol
Trouble is my son prefers to draw than play with a ball lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

Once. Then I tell them to get there Mum or Dad to come and I will give them it.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I completely agree that it’s nice to see them outside getting some fresh air. Hopefully, the more they are out there, the better their footie skills will get. The boys’ mum came last time and it all ended very politely. They can’t unlock their side gate because there’s been an issue recently with some people setting up camp on the land adjacent to their development and accessing the gardens on the estate. They’ve been moved on now but my daughter and son in law are still worried about it.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dads neighbour used to do it regularly. One time it smashed his greenhouse 😱 and he never came and asked for that one 😂 never kicked one over again!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Tell them to send Mummy or Daddy round to collect the ball and see how long it takes Mum or Dad to get bored of the trek and start seeing things from your perspective.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List