Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh the bread roll...😂😂😂😂 that was an immensely good read from start to finish 😄
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
Hm seems like a pretty good description I reckon (although if you ask DF, he might not agree with "logical" or "calm"

Easter chocolate is by far the best kind of chocolate!

Oh no! I can't imagine anything worse than a bread roll without butter. Mmmm warm bread rolls and butter are my favourite!
There isn't a man alive who'd call any woman "logical", my friend.

Warm bread and butter is my favourite, too (sadly) - I am going to make a challah for Easter Sunday. I can only make challah once in a great while, because I will eat...ALL THE CHALLAH!

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Thank you for the bread roll clarification, I was seriously wondering how one should eat one proper
I didn't reply to you when you asked where we stayed on our honeymoon - I couldn't remember but it was west wind inn and I've just googled it and it's on the same road as Casa Ybel, we still have our little bowl of shells but didn't find any nearly as good as your haul. I really wanted to find a sand dollar but no luck I love the shell wash at the resort!
Another great day
Oh my Lord, i love jack - could you believe that? When that phone rang I thought something AWFUL had happened...

I love my mother, but she wants everything to be...just so - all the time. I want Poot to have nice manners, sure - but I also want his memories of my mother to be happy ones. She's his ONLY grandparent!

Hmm...West Wind, I'll have to look that one up. CY was good value with two couples, but I am looking for somewhere a little cheaper for when we go back just the three of us...

Poot and R.C. found two sand dollars - they will be in the next post! I've never gotten one safely back from Sanibel in my life - but R.C. packed these...so what do you think? Yep, the big show-off did it.

Thanks so much for checking in -
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An ISTJ here, just revisited my profile (having not done so for a few years), and I am exactly what it says on the Google tin...

I do love your tangents

Great couple of days too - those shells are lovely and Poots updates are fab
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Had to laugh at your Mum and the bread roll saga

Some fantastic shells collected by you both.

Joan
I know, Joan - it was so ridiculous it was funny.

My brother's nickname in our family is "Golden Boy" - so it should surprise none of us that his four year old has perfect manners, right?

MY nickname, on the other hand, is "The Useful Child" (seriously).

I'd say we were lucky with the shells - but the truth is that we stand in the sea for HOURS. Would that I could somehow do that for a living, eh?

Thanks for sticking with us -

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Love bread roll-gate, what does Grandma say when she sees some of the "alternative" ways of using silverware in the states?
I love the Earth's Children books, must dig them out again.
Ah, that's why we used to call my brother "Og the Cave Boy" - he would "fist" his fork!

The funny thing, Scotty - R.C. and I met when we had adjacent seats on an airplane - and one of the first things I noticed about him were his lovely manners. He ate his peas so nicely, even with plastic cutlery! Hubba Hubba - I guess there's a lot of DM in me...

And Jean Auel is great, isn't she? Her stories are perfect winter reads! I was surprised, though by Book 2 - I wasn't expecting things to get racy (not that I minded)! They should display those in the truck stop with the other "literature for lonely truckers".

Have you seen the Clan of the Cave Bear film (with Daryl Hannah)?

Thanks for coming along with us -
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Neep View Post
Had to do this for leadership as a teacher: INTP
INTPs are marked by a quiet, stoic, modest, and aloof exterior that masks strong creativity and enthusiasm for novel possibilities. Their weaknesses include poor organization, insensitivity to social niceties, and a tendency to get lost in abstractions. Keirsey referred to INTPs as Architects, one of the four types belonging to the temperament he called the Rationals. INTPs are relatively rare, accounting for 2–5% of the U.S. population.
. During interactions with others, if INTPs are focused on gathering information, they may seem oblivious, aloof, or even rebellious—when in fact they are concentrating on listening and understanding. However, INTPs' intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them. INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work.
OK - I really debated about putting the MBTI stuff in the report - but I'm SO glad I did - this is all just fascinating.

Thank you for the above - it's remarkable to see you much you and I have in common (as INTs) and how much "separates" us (J rather than P).

I will bet a big, fat pile of cash that this trippie is the nerdiest one EVER on the Dibb! And it has been EXTREMELY rewarding to post as I do - and get such thoughtful and intelligent feedback from my fellow Dibbers.

So very pleased you checked in today -

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Oh how I love your posts, The Queen is hiliarious too! I've just done the Myers Briggs test (which I'd never heard of) and I'm ISFJ-Defender.

Can't wait for your next day.
The Queen is hilarious. Poot calls her "The Honey Badger", because she's small and adorable - but absolutely DEADLY.

My best girlfriend is an ISFJ - we've been friends a LONG time. And yet I went and married an "E"...what WAS I thinking?

Thanks very much for reading and for posting - next week I plan to return to my usual "post on Friday" schedule. The Queen will make her final appearance!
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dissie View Post
Loving your posts I am an ISTJ and exactly like the descriptions you posted. Like you I love alone time with a good book.
Another ISTJ - this is SO interesting.

DH is an "E" - he was at a party on Sunday - and he came home so keyed up and full of energy and zest. Whereas I, after a party, just want to lie down in a dark and quiet room and not talk to anybody for the rest of the day...

Knowing his MBTI type has really helped our marriage - even if HE thinks it's all "as useful as astrology".

Now that I'm done with the Jean Auel books - what do you think I should read next?

Thanks so much for sharing your type - and for coming with us to Sanibel. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Oh the bread roll...😂😂😂😂 that was an immensely good read from start to finish 😄
Why thank you, jemima - I knew you'd appreciate the bread roll story.

My (Irish) father could charm DM out of most of her moods - but I don't have the same weapons at my disposal!
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love reading your trip reports, you have a lovely writing style that is really engaging and entertaining.

I'm afraid I totally go against the likely dibb majority as... wait for it...shock horror... I'm actually an ENFP!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
An ISTJ here, just revisited my profile (having not done so for a few years), and I am exactly what it says on the Google tin...

I do love your tangents

Great couple of days too - those shells are lovely and Poots updates are fab
ANOTHER ISTJ - this is getting weird...

Thank you for the lovely compliments - I will pass them on to Poot tomorrow. He is very excited for the next post - he's going to tell all about his visit (with DH) to the wildlife refuge on the island. Because I am shallow and greedy - that day I went shopping.

I see that your trippie is up and running - I have put it on my list of TBR Trippies for when I (finally) finish this one. I can't let myself read other people's reports while I'm doing one myself. I get too distracted and don't do any work...

Obviously you do not have that problem - but I am like a giant toddler...

See you next week!
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Happy Easter x
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
Love reading your trip reports, you have a lovely writing style that is really engaging and entertaining.

I'm afraid I totally go against the likely dibb majority as... wait for it...shock horror... I'm actually an ENFP!
Why, thank you - what a lovely thing to say!

But ENFP! And they let you join the Dibb?!

My mother is an ENFJ: Everyone Needs Fulfilment and Joy. As you can imagine, I was the daughter she dreamed of - INTJ: It's Not Thoroughly Justified.

Can I be really nosy and ask about your Disney planning style - being a P - do you tend to play it by ear? Because DH is (what they charmingly call) a "Flaming P" - and he can't plan more than about ten minutes ahead...

Don't feel obligated to answer, obviously - I just find all this so fascinating!

Edited at 11:00 PM.