Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Another great read April.

I have done a free test online, I am an ISFJ whatever that means..

Breadgate - what a great memory for Poot.. table manners are important- but sometimes life is too short! Avoid bread if Mum's there!

Great shelling tip from Poot..

Looking forward to next Friday (mixed feeling because it's the last day)
OK, Nesbits - apparently this:

is meant to be you. What do you think?

I will pass on your comments to Poot - he and I never cease to be amazed at how few people are actually willing to wade in the sea. It's the Gulf of Mexico - it's warm and lovely. But I think a lot of folks are worried that something will, I don't know - brush up against them or something. Come on! - it's not like you're going to meet NESSIE!

Next Friday WILL be the last Sanibel post - but not the end of this report - we've still got Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World to go!

That's right - it's like...

...but with memes.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with us - I really do appreciate it!

...wow there are a lot of exclamation marks in this post. Must try harder...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anji View Post
It was October when we were last there - so autumn like you. We stayed at the Sanibel Inn and our room faced the ocean. Only overnight sadly - we went to the Ding Darling Reserve with an alligator very close encounter, Lighthouse, Island Cow and Blue Giraffe and vowed to go back again! I don't think it's boring at all! I love all nature so it's a wonderful paradise as far as I'm concerned (along with Caladesi Island, my very favourite - but can't sleep there!)

This time we're staying at The Parrot's Nest cottages. I'll certainly do a report - I did my first one last year when we went from Seattle to San Francisco and enjoyed doing it.

Ooh, I've never heard of Caladesi Island - must Google that one later.

EDIT: I've looked it up - that is TOTALLY on my list for next time. Wow!

Sanibel Inn and Parrot's Nest - I will check those, too. I've gotten spoiled at Casa Ybel with that big porch that walks right out to the ocean...

Poot and DH had some great wildlife spotting at the Ding-a-ling (as we call it chez nous). It was a shame that Poot only had a little disposable camera, but I am going to try and scan in some of his snaps. No promises, though - you know technology and I aren't exactly simpatico...

I will put your Seattle-SF trippie on my TBR list - Poot very much wants to go to Washington & Oregon to see all the volcanoes. I LOVE trip reports - they stroke the planner in me, I think. But mustn't read any until this beast is FINISHED.

Thanks so much for answering my nosy questions...see you next week!

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
OK, Nesbits - apparently this:

is meant to be you. What do you think?

I will pass on your comments to Poot - he and I never cease to be amazed at how few people are actually willing to wade in the sea. It's the Gulf of Mexico - it's warm and lovely. But I think a lot of folks are worried that something will, I don't know - brush up against them or something. Come on! - it's not like you're going to meet NESSIE!

Next Friday WILL be the last Sanibel post - but not the end of this report - we've still got Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World to go!

That's right - it's like...

...but with memes.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with us - I really do appreciate it!

...wow there are a lot of exclamation marks in this post. Must try harder...
OMG that's me down to a T, where do you find this?would be useful in my job.

Phew, glad it's not over , though I'm not keen on Busch or sea world, will be an interesting read.

Wendy x
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
OK...one more story - I am NOT AT ALL tech-y - and when I was a student I worked in a massive book shop. A man came in one day asking for a book on (what I thought was) "EUNUCHS". He was very surprised at what I showed him, because of course he meant your sort...
ROFL at the "Eunuchs" you were giving him credit for being more erudite than most in my business are.

My sister is great, just far more outgoing than me. That's not to say us "I" people can't party - we can but then need peace and quiet for a while to recover.

Christmas togs - great idea

I've read the Jean Auel books and MZB who are both great- you could try Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews. I read a lot of their books and really enjoy them. They aren't historical but pure fantasy.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
OMG that's me down to a T, where do you find this?would be useful in my job.

Phew, glad it's not over , though I'm not keen on Busch or sea world, will be an interesting read.

Wendy x
The lovely and intelligent unixgirl used a site called humanmetrics.com (try humanmetrics.com/personality) to take an online test and read the traits for each type - when I did the inventory it was a more formal assessment administered by a shrink-type person (and I think it took an hour + to do). I didn't keep any of the paperwork - but I wish I had!

My brother is a partner with a Big 6 firm - and he is very keen on the MBTI for assembling teams and suchlike. He's a "J", we love a good sorting!

And it is KILLING ME (because I am a perpetual adolescent) not to make a joke about you not being keen on Busch ().
Old 14 Apr 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
ROFL at the "Eunuchs" you were giving him credit for being more erudite than most in my business are.

My sister is great, just far more outgoing than me. That's not to say us "I" people can't party - we can but then need peace and quiet for a while to recover.

Christmas togs - great idea

I've read the Jean Auel books and MZB who are both great- you could try Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews. I read a lot of their books and really enjoy them. They aren't historical but pure fantasy.
Unless I know everybody at a party - I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than go. My "E" DH finds this a charming and loveable trait...oh, wait.

I'm not too keen on urban fantasy, but I DO enjoy Patricia Briggs. I love her high fantasy novels more than her contemporaries, though. I tried with Ilona Andrews - and I liked "The Edge" books, but not the Kate Daniels (is that right?) ones...

Do you read Anne Bishop? Her "Black Jewels" novels are my all-time favourite guilty pleasure reads. And when I say guilty, I mean REALLY guilty.

The Eunuchs/Unix thing was really funny - that poor chap was so lovely, and listened to me go on for a couple of minutes - "Well, you may find SOMETHING about eunuchs in these general histories of the Ottoman Empire..." before he rescued me from my own ignorance...
Old 14 Apr 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I haven't heard of Anne Bishop but have now got a sample of Black Jewels to try. Yep Kate Daniels is one of the series - I love those btw but I also like The Edge and the Innkeeper series which follows on from the Edge. I'm always on the lookout for new books - at least with my kindle I'm not dragging a tonne of books around anymore, love, love, love my kindle.
The "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan is a pure fantasy series and it's an epic one.
I shall now stop wittering on about books I like
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I haven't heard of Anne Bishop but have now got a sample of Black Jewels to try. Yep Kate Daniels is one of the series - I love those btw but I also like The Edge and the Innkeeper series which follows on from the Edge. I'm always on the lookout for new books - at least with my kindle I'm not dragging a tonne of books around anymore, love, love, love my kindle.
The "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan is a pure fantasy series and it's an epic one.
I shall now stop wittering on about books I like
I'll say "goodbye" then unixgirl, because once you read that sample you will lose all respect for me - and never even THINK about reading one of my posts again...they are REALLY, REALLY guilty pleasures - start with "Daughter of the Blood".

I tried Robert Jordan, but he and I didn't get on. And witter away, do! I like to talk about books even more than I like to talk about Disney...
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh having that beautiful place to yourself sounds like a delight! As do the chicken and waffles!

Another excellent day - love hot dog story 🌭 xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Yay! Glad you like the look of Caladesi You get the boat from Honeymoon Island. First boat is 10am and then it's every half hour. Get the 10am and the beach is yours, apart from people who may arrive with their own boats and tie up. The walk to the 'point' is long and hot but worth it - tons of shells, birds and dolphins. Lovely nature reserve to walk round and a little cafe/shop. I see they are building an observation tower - not sure if it's finished yet. You are only meant to be there for 4 hours each - that's fine as it's HOT there!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List