Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CABLECAR1974 View Post
This year I left my driving licence at home (I know, I know :-( ).
I rang the car centre asking if I could delay picking up the car until I got my licence shipped to me as DW is a very nervous driver.
I was told the contract would cancel if the car wasn't picked up within 24 hours, so we got it and parked it up for three days till my licence arrived.
Id ring Alamo and see if they can allow your delay, if not, is it possible to collect it as planned?
That’s good to know, thank you.

I’ve stupidly booked Discovery Cove for the Saturday, forgetting that we’re swapping the car that day (picking up an SUV from the airport but hubby wanted a convertible for a week or so). It’ll be a very early start so Alamo won’t be open before we leave and we’d both like to take advantage of the free drinks at DC so can’t swap after! (We’re not alkies I promise, just want to relax and have a nice day!)

Think I’ll leave the booking for now and keep checking prices, hopefully they’ll drop again!

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Don't shoot the messenger if it goes wrong!

Your new pick up time is well within the 24 hours so if it was me I would chance it. But there again that's me!

However I would try and be there not long after opening the following morning and/or sling a phone call into them as soon as they open if you can and explain your flight arrived just after they closed!
Haha I won’t shoot, I promise!

We could get there for opening to be honest. We’ve got a breakfast adr booked but could definitely collect the car before hand.

Think I might take my chances and do that if prices don’t drop again

Edited at 07:57 PM.
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

I said I was going to keep checking prices in case they dropped, and thank goodness I did! I was being quoted of £1,700.00 to change our dates, I've checked today and its dropped to a much more reasonable price of £315.00 I've cancelled my original booking with the wrong date and and re-booked the right dates.

Now I can relax

Old 13 Jul 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kellsbelle View Post
That’s good to know, thank you.

I’ve stupidly booked Discovery Cove for the Saturday, forgetting that we’re swapping the car that day (picking up an SUV from the airport but hubby wanted a convertible for a week or so). It’ll be a very early start so Alamo won’t be open before we leave and we’d both like to take advantage of the free drinks at DC so can’t swap after! (We’re not alkies I promise, just want to relax and have a nice day!)

Think I’ll leave the booking for now and keep checking prices, hopefully they’ll drop again!
You can relax and have a nice day at Discovery Cove without drinking alcohol. I did last year, in fact I had a lovely relaxing day. I find alcohol dulls my senses so prefer not to drink it. But that's just me 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List