Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grumpybri View Post
BA web site will lie to you on available seats. If you look to see what seats are available they will be split across the aircraft with a suspicious amount of seats you want all together. Panic mode sets in and you might be duped into buying them.
Log in at the 24 hours check in window and all those seats with an X may be now available.
I’m flying to Munich tomorrow business class with BA and all week there has only been one pair of seats available. At check in this morning I had the choice of 3 pairs of seats.
BA’s system will show you different seat availability depending on your frequent flyer status with BA/oneworld. Some seats are blocked for status holders and cannot be seen by others. Sometimes the seat next to certain status holders are also blocked to others below that status level, and only opened up if the flight is full. In short haul business class, row 1 is blocked until checkin opens, to everyone except those with BA Gold or higher status (or its oneworld equivalent).

In general with economy on BA long haul, people should be able to sit together when selecting seats for free at checkin,unless in quite a large party. If you want a specific type of seat or wish to sit in a particular part of the aircraft, you may wish to pay for that. The OP’s chances will be improved because of their connection, they will be able to check in for the long haul flight when OLCI opens for the MAN-LHR sector, which is earlier than those whose journey starts at LHR.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
The OP’s chances will be improved because of their connection, they will be able to check in for the long haul flight when OLCI opens for the MAN-LHR sector, which is earlier than those whose journey starts at LHR.
Thanks for this info very good to know, so I take it the main flight back the Miami - Heathrow leg as check in will be open to all at the same time there will be less seat choice ?
Old 14 Dec 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
We have flown BA a few times as a couple and never had an issue getting seats together at online check-in. The seats become available 24 hours before your first flight which means you get a head start if you’re connecting in to Gatwick.

We’re flying with them next month and pretty much every seat in economy was showing on our flight when we booked. We have an infant in our party, but my parents are on a separate booking and can see the same available seats as us. Interestingly the problem has gone up now despite maybe 10% of seats being booked. The seats behind us are £65 each!

EDIT: they do withhold bassinet seats until online check-in to make sure that parties with infants get priority.
Good to know thanks
Old 14 Dec 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Thanks for this info very good to know, so I take it the main flight back the Miami - Heathrow leg as check in will be open to all at the same time there will be less seat choice ?
That is correct, in fact those who have a flight from somewhere else to Miami in order to connect to the LHR flight will have been able to check in and select seats earlier. Of course, that does not necessarily mean you won’t be able to get seats together.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

We always have to book our seat reservations in advance - my boyfriend is 6ft7 so we have to nab the extra legroom seats as soon as possible!
MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are booked with Ba in August and I have pre booked as would be gutted if we were not sat together on such a long journey 😊
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Two of us flying BA Gatwick - Tampa in May. There are some 'two's' at the rear of the aircraft but BA have just increased the pre booking price to £65 each and that's each way! Booked these seats last year for the same journey at £58 each and BA changed the aircraft and we lost the 'two' and ended up with two seats in the middle row. According to BA there was no refund due. Talk about have your cake and eat it! Daylight robbery.
You would definitely have been entitled to a refund of the seats as long as you advise the airline within 14 days of the last flight in your booking.
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have logged onto our flight for Aug to look at booking seats as we have friends going on the same flight but not on the same booking. They are currently showing as £6 pp, is this a good price?
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flowertot View Post
I have logged onto our flight for Aug to look at booking seats as we have friends going on the same flight but not on the same booking. They are currently showing as £6 pp, is this a good price?
Mine is also showing from £6pp but this is only for the domestic gla-lgw part, the lgw-mco is from £33pp
I’m going to wait for online check-in as it’s only 2 of us this time
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I'm thinking of doing a BA flight in October, not so bothered booking seats from NCL but thinking of booking the row with 2 seats for the next journey going to be just under £280 that's nearly another flight!